Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forward then D or D then F?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Forward then D or D then F?

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well if it's linked to last year's standings then at least it makes some sense.
    Thanks. It is linked. Last place team last year picks 1st, 26th and 27th. 1st place team last year picks 13th, 14th and 39th.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't mind this when there is a clear few people not as sharp as the others. Moreso when playing with friends as I want to keep everyone playing.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Belexus75 Solid advice. I will know who is available at all times as the Draft proceeds. Going to do some more math before deciding what to do. And sorry, couldn't rep you.

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    take best player available as draft happens...dont force yourself to draft a D or a F before you know who is available....if there is 100 p forward still on the board that maybe the right play...after Makar there is several D that will flirt with that 709-80 range. you just need to wait and see who is still there at 12 imo...if you want to quickly come here and post at that time, thats fine too.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yep, I know everyone in the pool, several good friends. And yes we do have a few "not as sharp people"....playing for years and never finishing in top 5. Hopefully this will give them a little bit of a hand up. I've been involved in this pool for 35 years and it's been going for at least 40 years. The Founder is 84 y.o. with health issues and has just this year resigned from the Commish job. It's a fun pool but this year/every year there is $780+ prize $$ to be won and I want some of that too LOL.

Sorry Invictus...can't REP you.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I don't mind this when there is a clear few people not as sharp as the others. Moreso when playing with friends as I want to keep everyone playing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Eh guys. Thanks for all the knowledgeable, informative and thoughtful replies. Outstanding. Really appreciate you taking the time.
    New twist I just found out about, Each team can DRAFT just 1 DMan for the 3 rounds. My apologies to those who took the time to strategize about possibly taking 2 DMen and 1 Forward. Can't do that.
    Still not positive what I'm going to do. Going from left to right my options now are a: D-F-F / F-D-F / F-F-D. I pick 12th, 15th and 38th. I think just 2 picks between my 12 and 15 aren't going to make much difference to me. I should be able to grab a high scoring F AND D. And look for a gem of a F at 38.where a Bratt, Thomas, Hintz, Debrincat, Aho, could still be available. (If anyone is reading, any of these guys you WOULD NOT pick at all.)

F-D-F-The high scoring F pick in my 1st round could be could be Petey-96 pts. The high scoring 2nd round D (depending on how many D get taken in 1st 14 overall picks) could be Josi-72, Morrissey-70, Heiskanen-69 (Ave 70) and F at 38th pick Aho-76 = a total of 242 pts.
    F-F-D my 1st F pick, 13th overall...Petey 96pts. 2nd F pick 15th overall Kaprizov 91pts. And my 3rd pick D at 38th overall...Carlson 58 = a total of 245 pts
    D-F-F my 1st pick 13 overall a D...Dahlin 76pts 15th overall, my 2nd pick F-Kaprizov 91 pts. my 3rd 38th overall F Barkov 84pts = a total of 251.....hhmmm, I'm surprised at this.

Projected Player points are courtesy of the Dobber Draft List.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for all the knowledgeable, informative and thoughtful replies guys. Outstanding. Repped everyone I could.

Dobber Sports Sage

If you can get one of Makar or Dahlin I'm taking that as my first pick. If they aren't available I'd be going the forward forward path
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey guys. The first round and my 2nd are over. Got Kucherov at 11th pick overall. And Fox at 14th. Not sure what strategy I'm using here....F-D-F or D-F-F, either one I'm happy with my 1st 2 picks. lol. Next pick is 35th overall, a Forward. Should be several good picks left here. Then it's on to filling out my roster with 17 undrafted F, 3 undrafted DMen and 2 Rookies.
    Thanks again for the help fellas. Great stuff.

Administrator

Those are great picks. You got arguably the 3rd best forward and 2nd best defenseman.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Steve...Got a lot of great advice on this thread from yourself and several other Dobberites. Appreciate everyone taking the time to help out.