Thread: Any improvements needed?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Any improvements needed?

Hello

Thoughts on my team? Team and league in my signature.

Currently have $1.4m left in the bank. Was planning on dropping Berggren when Quinn is healthy and wondering who would be a dropped when Pacioretty is healthy, maybe just drop him?

Also considering replacing Luukkonen with a different goalie and am debating on replacing a winger for another C.

Cheers
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Administrator

Default Re: Any improvements needed?

I don't love your C situation in a league with FOW for the upcoming season. Banking on Fantilli and Cooley will be more drag than boost here. Love that you've got FOW from the wing with B Tkachuk and Giroux. I might want one more winger with FOW to offset the drag from the youngsters.

I think Lafreniere, Byfield and Berggren are ripe spots to improve upon.

You're in an interesting spot where you've got a lot of win-now talent where the window on them might close soon like Giroux, Trocheck, Kane and Hyman, but you've also go some tentpole youngsters delivering now on good deals like Beniers, Tkachuk and Sorokin (although he gets expensive). I'm not sure where the young guys who aren't yet breaking out fit in.

I think you sit on these youngsters to start the year and if you're within striking distance you look for upgrades. So don't think you have to max out your cap expenditure now. Keep the space open and figure out the upgrade move(s) that use your cap space best when the time comes for upgrades. Maybe you don't end up needing any.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The Pacioretty decision comes much later, and is even sort of "if" as well as "when".

I'd look at replacing Berggrren with a FOW guy. If this is Roto, that will help the overall standings a lot. If H2H will help for the matchups it lasts for.

If you get lucky one of those minors players sticks, allowing you to move one of the young centers to the minors.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Appreciate the feedback from this forum.
    metaldude26 and stevegamer always with good insight.

Cheers
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek