Thread: Ekblad or Letang

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ekblad or Letang

I've been offered either before the keeper deadline. I'm certainly not going to pay much, but who would you rather? I think Ekblad is breaking down and won't hit his offensive heights again. Hes out fir a while and will need time to get his gane back. Letang is much older and has Karlsson there now. Both are board members of the bandaid boys club.

I'd also have to drop one player to do it (I'm choosing between Holtz/W Johnston as my last keeper currently) so I'm thinking to decline but wanted feedback in case I'm missing an opportunity.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

The Great One

Default Re: Ekblad or Letang

From where I sit, both of these guys would likely be rentals given your team's youngish core. Thus I'd take whichever I think could get me a better return if I trade him during season. And while I agree both have injury risks, I'd bank on Letang to do better stats-wise so he'd be the one I grab.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Administrator

Default Re: Ekblad or Letang

I like the idea much less in a limited keeper since you'd be costing yourself some draft capital and opportunity in retaining another player.

Looking at your non-rookie keepers, I'm not sure Laine is any more questionable than Letang or Ekblad given his injury track record. Lafreniere doesn't look like he's busting out any time soon, which would represent an upgrade, but I'm not in an overwhelming rush to jump on this. The same questions that have Letang and Ekblad being offered to you will have them passed over in your draft.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg