Thread: Help with prospect draft

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Help with prospect draft

This is for the dynasty team in my sig.

I have the 11th overall pick and the following are the best available prospects based my research.

I put banger beside the players I've read should be expected to get good peripherals.

Forwards

Benson
    Leonard (banger)
    Kulich
    Stankoven
    Snuggarud
    Savoie
    Cutter Gauthier
    Dvorsky

Defencemen

Hutson
    Zellweger
    Nikishin (banger)
    Mintyukov
    Korchinski

I finished 2nd last year and am looking to compete again this year.

That being said I don't really mind waiting longer for a prospect if the upside is higher. I have older players at every position so not too worried about focusing on one position over another. I don't have any defensive prospects right now though and it doesn't seem to be a point of emphasis for the other managers.

Free agents were pretty deep throughout the year last season which is how I acquired Schenn, Terry, Cozens (before he broke out), Karlsson etc. Not to mention Nelson, D Toews, Seth Jones amongst others.

So I'm not too worried about needing prospects to fill out my roster to remain competitive but it is the easiest way to get a young superstar. Those don't get dropped and are hard to trade for.

Also my next picks aren't until 35 and 39 so if I'm not sure if any of these prospects will still be there by my next pick. Probably not.
    10 team dynasty weekly H2H league no cap
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Until, 2 G, 4 Bench, 1 NA, 5 IR+ (22 active roster spots)

C: Crosby, Hintz, Cozens (C/RW), Scheifele, Hischier
    LW: Draisaitl (C/LW), Forsberg, E Kane, Nelson (C/LW), Benn
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault (LW/RW), Tippett (LW/RW), Jarvis
    D: Seider, Hedman, Heiskanen, Chabot, Letang, Ekholm
    G: Saros, Thompson, Gustavsson
    NA: Levi

IR+: Landeskog, Hamilton

Prospects: Cutter Gauthier, Zellweger, Nemec

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Help with prospect draft

You finished 2nd,,so IMO you need to go for it. Can you replace schenn with a 65-70 pts fwrd? if so, do what you need to do to get it done by trading this 11th pick (in a package?)

if you feel you can win with what you have, then sure pick any of the prospects there you like best. none of them will help you this year unless you trade them mid-year to WIN!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would snag Korchinski if he's available at 11. Future QB on a power play unit led by Bedard in Chicago and he may help you as soon as this year.
    12 Teams H2H Dynasty, 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 12 bench
    G: 4.5 A: 2.5 STP: 1 SOG/Hits/Blocks: 0.5 W: 3 SV: 0.25 GA: -1 SHO: 2

C: Zibanejad, Couturier, Couture, Kadri, Nelson, Pageau
    LW: Miller, E. Kane, Schenn, Crouse, Vatrano, Henrique
    RW: Kucherov, Wilson, Giroux, Toffoli, Tippett, Wheeler, Eberle, Brown
    D: Chabot, S. Jones, DeAngelo, Krug, Spurgeon, Orlov, Gudas, Fehervary, Fowler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Thompson, Montembeault
    IR: Landeskog

21 minors (< 80GP):
    F : Miroshnichenko, Brink, Kovalenko, Beckman, Phillips, Sokolov, Farrell, Poitras, Dufour, Whitelaw
    D : Spence, Svozil, Pickering, Lacombe, Kaiser
    G: Silovs, Fowler, Bussi, Ersson, Zherenko, Kolosov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would rather not trade the pick right now for a win now player. I'd like to see how my team stacks up this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who to pick?

I like Cutter Gauthier the most from that list.

Also, you didn't need to create a 2nd thread to ask the same question. I merged the two together.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which prospect to pick?

Sorry I accidentally deleted the last post.

I have the 11th overall pick and the following are the best available prospects based my research.

I put banger beside the players I've read should be expected to get good peripherals.

Forwards

Benson
    Leonard (banger)
    Kulich
    Stankoven
    Snuggarud
    Savoie
    Cutter Gauthier
    Dvorsky

Defencemen

Hutson
    Zellweger
    Nikishin (banger)
    Mintyukov
    Korchinski

I finished 2nd last year and am looking to compete again this year.

That being said I don't really mind waiting longer for a prospect if the upside is higher. I have older players at every position so not too worried about focusing on one position over another. I don't have any defensive prospects right now though and it doesn't seem to be a point of emphasis for the other managers.

Free agents were pretty deep throughout the year last season which is how I acquired Schenn, Terry, Cozens (before he broke out), Karlsson etc. Not to mention Nelson, D Toews, Seth Jones amongst others.

So I'm not too worried about needing prospects to fill out my roster to remain competitive but it is the easiest way to get a young superstar. Those don't get dropped and are hard to trade for.

Also my next picks aren't until 35 and 39 so if I'm not sure if any of these prospects will still be there by my next pick. Probably not.
    10 team dynasty weekly H2H league no cap
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Until, 2 G, 4 Bench, 1 NA, 5 IR+ (22 active roster spots)

C: Crosby, Hintz, Cozens (C/RW), Scheifele, Hischier
    LW: Draisaitl (C/LW), Forsberg, E Kane, Nelson (C/LW), Benn
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault (LW/RW), Tippett (LW/RW), Jarvis
    D: Seider, Hedman, Heiskanen, Chabot, Letang, Ekholm
    G: Saros, Thompson, Gustavsson
    NA: Levi

IR+: Landeskog, Hamilton

Prospects: Cutter Gauthier, Zellweger, Nemec

Administrator

Gauthier jumps out to me as well. You want bangers in this league, but you also want FOW. Gauthier has a strong chance to be both. Maybe not a huge banger, but shot volume and FOW would be a deadly combo.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Which prospect to pick?

Why do you continue to repost this. I merged the last one and I'm doing it again. Please stop posting the same question in multiple threads. If you want it moved to a different section of the forums, ask and a moderator will help you.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry for the reposts.

1st repost was due to thinking this forum and dobber prospects forum were different forums.

2nd was because I tried to delete the repost and thought I accidentally deleted the whole thread.

Didn't mean to spam. Thanks for merging them

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Who to pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Cutter Gauthier the most from that list.

Also, you didn't need to create a 2nd thread to ask the same question. I merged the two together.
    Agreed. Gauthier was the top of the prospects for me. A lot of good options though. I wouldn't mind backing up a couple spots if it resulted in another pick.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov