8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomas Hertl

3 37.50%
  • Trevor Zegras

5 62.50%

Thread: Zegras vs Hertl

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Zegras vs Hertl

28 team dynasty salary cap league where we roster full NHL sized rosters (12F, 6D, 2G) + bench and unlimited farm. Stats include G, A, +/-, hits, face off %, takeaways, PK TOI, blocked shots, PIMS (negative value).

Who do you prefer?

Tomas Hertl - 7 years remaining at $8,137,500
    Trevor Zegras - no current contract

The team in question is not going to be competitive this season and is trying to make itself look more attractive for a new potential GM as the team is currently League Run.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Zegras vs Hertl

This is a tough one.

My gut is saying Zegras.
    It is telling me that he will breakout and be worth whatever contract he receives.
    And that Hertl will be on the downswing and not as attractive.

However the risk-adverse side of me says we know what Hertl's contract is and we know what Hertl provides. And he does provide a decent value of peripherals.

I think I go with my cut and hope for a breakout and a bridge contract!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I think Zegras is the sexier name but I think Hertl is the better asset for this setup.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

With that scoring system Zegras is such a huge drain. I think most prospective GMs would rather have him than Hertl even given the negatives simply because of the age curve. I'm not sure too many folks want Hertl's contract at his age in a cap system.

I'd rather have Hertl for that scoring system, but can't be sure on the perception of others.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm guess this is is a money league. The issue is that the "team" is trying to improve it's marketability. Are there other ways to do that? I think so.

Since current GM's can't make offers to the other team, it might be good to get a set of offers and keep them "on file", so to speak, and have thos options be known for somebody who is considering the team. That givesthem some instant customizability.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Zegras is sexier name for new GM to notice but to me it depends on make up of the team… if rest is old or bad or both, Zegras won’t be enough as a marketing piece
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

I would take Hertl. The only way I see Zegras being the better own the next 2 years is if he gets a really affordable bridge contract otherwise he's going to come in at a similar cap hit. Even the bridge contract will only make him temporarily attractive, after that he becomes a cap anchor.

Hertl is the safe play and that's what you want for a team that someone else will be managing.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Superstar

It would be nice to see what the rest of this team looks like. I get that Hertl is likely the best option in the near term, marginally so, but at 29 and a 8 Mil CAP hit for the next 7 years on a Sharks team that is most definitely hurting big time and very likely will be for a good number of years, well I'm just not liking that contract at all. Zegras on the other hand is 22 years old, has already established himself, and for those of us who think that he is going to be something special, well that really hasn't changed, his upside of 90 pts seems very achievable when he hits his prime which he hasn't yet. The Ducks are on an upward trajectory as well, the quality of players surrounding Zegras is significantly superior to Hertl's circumstances. IMO, Zegras is by far the more attractive option for a potential new GM for this team. Honestly, I think he's a more attractive option period.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

Zegras for me.