Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Babcock Resignation/Photos

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Babcock Resignation/Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    This will be my last comment on this whole situation in this thread or in general.

First off, I am not a boomer, I am Gen-X, born in the summer of '69. I know the "boomer" comment is directed at me so let's clear that up. Yes, I am old but I am not that old LOL!

On a more serious note, I just listened to the latest Spittin Chiclets podcast where they covered this story about as good as it gets, with the background certainly going more in depth well beyond the Columbus situation. I have come away with a different appreciation for the situation and how Babcock dealt with it and his players.

Being in the military for many years, one of the key things I strive for in myself, and my subordinates, is accountability. I have no issue admitting when I am wrong and with more information afforded to me in recent times, I definitely feel I had the wrong take on this situation and I was wrong. I apologize if I offended people with my earlier comments.

That is all. Moving on.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Stud

This will be my last comment on this whole situation in this thread or in general.

First off, I am not a boomer, I am Gen-X, born in the summer of '69. I know the "boomer" comment is directed at me so let's clear that up. Yes, I am old but I am not that old LOL!

On a more serious note, I just listened to the latest Spittin Chiclets podcast where they covered this story about as good as it gets, with the background certainly going more in depth well beyond the Columbus situation. I have come away with a different appreciation for the situation and how Babcock dealt with it and his players.

Being in the military for many years, one of the key things I strive for in myself, and my subordinates, is accountability. I have no issue admitting when I am wrong and with more information afforded to me in recent times, I definitely feel I had the wrong take on this situation and I was wrong. I apologize if I offended people with my earlier comments.

That is all. Moving on.
    Well done Axe! Cheers

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    That’s awesome Axe, great to hear. I think in the end Babcock is a bully, and he used his immense power to bully people and bring them down rather than build them up. The worst. Bullies deserve everything they get when it backfires (doesn’t happen enough).
    Exactly. He has no right to do what he did. This isn't politics and the players are not his opponents.

Dobber Sports Veteran

For those who have not listened, starts around the 11:00 minute mark

https://youtu.be/veXWp8KhtvE?si=Q9GRZfYGwyxr9XV0&t=661

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Axeman apologized more in this thread than Babcock did in any of his press releases in his career.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Axeman apologized more in this thread than Babcock did in any of his press releases in his career.
    Oh man - nailed it!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports All-Star

That is all. Moving on.
    From one Gen X’er to another, it’s ok to disagree or have a differing opinion. Keep on truck in’ Axe. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    For those who have not listened, starts around the 11:00 minute mark

https://youtu.be/veXWp8KhtvE?si=Q9GRZfYGwyxr9XV0&t=661

The anecdote about him bullying the janitor is jarring.

Struck a real tone with me.

When I was a kid, as a first generation Italian-Canadian with immigrant parents having moved to Montreal the year before I was born, I'd watch them go to work. My mom worked at Place Ville Marie cleaning offices. God knows what her salary was, but I know she worked until midnight most nights so I rarely her in the evenings - my dad took care of us.

Years later, working as a lawyer in one of those Montreal office buildings, I would see the cleaning ladies (always ladies) coming in when I was working late at night, and went out of my way to be respectful. Not everyone took the same approach, many were downright rude to them. It was sad, thinking that could have been my mom.

Years after that, in NYC, I came across an associate in my law firm who was a real piece of work. She would totally suck up to anyone who was senior to her, but to anyone junior (especially non-lawyer staff), I would hear that she was a complete and utter bully and *******.

All of this came into my mind hearing those stories about Babcock.

Anyone who disses on a janitor and makes his life miserable is a piece of shit. IF that person is a multimillionaire, he's even more of a piece of shit.

Good riddance Babcock.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Titan

Mike Babcock feels like the guy who was popular in high school who was a bully and didn't change. And you go to a reunion, or you run into them for the first time in a while and he is a dick to waiters like a teenager thinking his actions are funny.

Dobber Sports Novice

That is all. Moving on.
    Love to see that- need more.of that around here. It was murky to begin with so staying skeptical.not a bad position to take...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't know how this doesn't heavily impact the locker room. Jenner and Gaudreau stood up for Babcock when he was almost certainly in the wrong, making the young players at best extremely uncomfortable. What does it say about the dynamic of the team when the players felt they were not being supported or helped by their Captain or GM? That they felt the only place they could turn to was the Spittin Chiclets podcast? What an indictment of the organization.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypete88 View Post
    I don't know how this doesn't heavily impact the locker room. Jenner and Gaudreau stood up for Babcock when he was almost certainly in the wrong, making the young players at best extremely uncomfortable. What does it say about the dynamic of the team when the players felt they were not being supported or helped by their Captain or GM? That they felt the only place they could turn to was the Spittin Chiclets podcast? What an indictment of the organization.
    I think it's fine. They had different interactions with Babcock and said theirs. It'll be fine especially if both say something to the new/young guys.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think ultimately that was Babcock’s goal. To create a division between factions within the team. (Divide and conquer) Once the division is set, pick on the weak and control them for your enjoyment/ego. Hopefully the harm to the team was limited but who knows.