Thread: Novak Djokovic...

Dobber Sports Star

Default Novak Djokovic...

I don't see how anybody can argue that Novak is the GOAT. He has just been on the top of the tennis world for SO long. What a career. To think, there still may be MORE grand slams for him... crazy...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Novak Djokovic...

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I don't see how anybody can argue that Novak is the GOAT. He has just been on the top of the tennis world for SO long. What a career. To think, there still may be MORE grand slams for him... crazy...

Rylant
    im not sure anybody argues that...but not many really care...

he proved over and over again that he is not the grates human being out there and outside of some diehard tennis fans i think people just ignore his accomplishments...

personally i followed Tennis way more Sampras era and then Federer and Nadal era...i even followed some tennis in late 80s but now i could not care less
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    im not sure anybody argues that...but not many really care...

he proved over and over again that he is not the grates human being out there and outside of some diehard tennis fans i think people just ignore his accomplishments...

personally i followed Tennis way more Sampras era and then Federer and Nadal era...i even followed some tennis in late 80s but now i could not care less
    I am assuming that you meant that he isn't the greatest human being out there. I know that he has his haters. And there was the whole thing with the vaccine thing. I am not sure why people think he isn't a good human being though. People disagree with his stance on the Covid Vaccine, and that is fine. He does do a ton of charity work and gives lots of money to good causes. I am not sure why people would think he isn't a good human being...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Star

I'm not a fan, but if you see what he's into, he's more of a goofy new-ager than a purveyor of the standard anti-vaccination positions found here. He believes in the power of Balkan Pyramids to increase performance and he won't allow anyone to say anything negative about food while he's eating under the belief that criticizing food diminishes its nutritional value, among other things. He's got ideas most people with a modicum of scientific knowledge would classify as "batsh**** crazy", but it has worked for him, so he sees nothing wrong.

He's certifiably odd and probably the best tennis player ever. Today he was marvelous, again, at age 36.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I am assuming that you meant that he isn't the greatest human being out there. I know that he has his haters. And there was the whole thing with the vaccine thing. I am not sure why people think he isn't a good human being though. People disagree with his stance on the Covid Vaccine, and that is fine. He does do a ton of charity work and gives lots of money to good causes. I am not sure why people would think he isn't a good human being...

Rylant
    It’s actually well documented that he’s a complete ******* lmao.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It’s actually well documented that he’s a complete ******* lmao.
    Just a few examples:

- he taunts opposing players with their signature celebrations and when he wins.

- he “rage quits” matches he’s losing and blames injury well above tour average.

- he notoriously treats tour support staff terribly.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Rylant
    Lots examples of him not being good guy as rataylor said below and many more too…I acknowledge he has accomplished a lot and based on accomplishments alone I agree he is the best but I couldn’t care less…
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just a few examples:

- he taunts opposing players with their signature celebrations and when he wins.

- he “rage quits” matches he’s losing and blames injury well above tour average.

- he notoriously treats tour support staff terribly.
    I don't know... I have followed his career since before anybody had ever heard of him in his Junior Career. I have watched literally hundreds of his matches. He for sure isn't the consummate professional that Roger is. He always has done his little goofy imitations of people like Rafa and Maria. He is certainly not the only one to do it and he claims that it is done in fun. It's probably not something that I would do, but I am not sure that makes him a shitty person. And no question, he is passionate and doesn't like to lose. He gets mad when it happens. It's probably part of the reason he has been so successful. I am not sure I have ever seen anything that I would consider "Rage quitting" or blaming injuries unnecessarily.

And as I have said, I have seen a ton of his matches and read a ton of material on him. There is no question that he comes across as cocky and arrogant. I have literally never heard of him treating staffers poorly. People like to dislike him. I know a lot of his charity history and it's substantial. He has done more for tennis than most. I definitely don't think he is an ******* or a shitty person.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Superstar

I am just talking purely sport because I don't involve the player personality traits, etc. when it comes to the results. The man absolutely dominates despite advancing age. Rafa is one year older and his body is breaking down, Novak seems completely fine and not unrealistic to see him competing at elite level through 40. He became the first man to win three Grand Slams in a season four times. This US Open title made him oldest champ in the Open Era for said tourney. GOAT.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I've watched a ton of tennis in my life, and I would have to say he is the GOAT. From Connors to Mac then Federer and Nadal. This guy does it all. His serve is sneaky good, he is the best returner of a serve ever. His will to win exceeds that of Rafa, which is hard to do. He is in great shape, and he even said that at his current age, he would easily have beaten himself at 23. Plus, he still has another 2-3 years left if he continues to maintain his from. 1 more Grand Slam will give him 25 and put him in sole possession of the most ever by man or woman.

His public persona is not the greatest, but as a tennis player he is the greatest. Now if Alcaraz can win some more Slams before the age of 25, it will be interesting. But he still has to contend with the GOAT.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

He's the latest greatest.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Lots examples of him not being good guy as rataylor said below and many more too…I acknowledge he has accomplished a lot and based on accomplishments alone I agree he is the best but I couldn’t care less…
    I would argue you could care less. After all... here you are.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Veteran

Glad to hear he is getting his rep (sort of). I recall a decade ago he wasnt liked much because he didnt buy into the traditions of tennis, and also the things mentioned above. Some traditions should change, glad he is/was pushing the envelope in one of the most stuck up pro sports.

I dont throw out the whole bag of carrots when one starts to turn black.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Rylant
    Greatest tennis player of all time.
    One of the world's biggest pieces of shit.

Both things can be true and in this appear to be.