Thread: Should I be keeping Levi?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Should I be keeping Levi?

I picked him up late last season and now it's time to submit our keepers. We keep only 2 goalies and it comes down to Levi or hart as my second goalie (Demko being the first).

Orginally I planned on keeping Hart and hoping that I could snag Levi in our rookie rounds (any player with less than 75 games played) but now wondering if he makes it to those rounds. NHL.com has him ranked high (11th among goalies) and even going in the 7th round of their mock draft.

Thanks!
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Administrator

Default Re: Should I be keeping Levi?

I think with how many categories in your league are based on getting a volume of games from your goalie that Hart is still your keeper. Levi buzz could keep climbing if he crushes the pre-season but he could also lose out entirely and end up in the minors to start the year or as part of some three-headed monster that never really gets sorted. Buffalo is primed for liftoff but maybe it doesn't quite happen for them AGAIN.

I don't love Hart, but you kind of want a sure thing in terms of volume for your #2. I'd say keep another skater but it might be hard to find another goalie with how many teams are in your league.

This is another topic entirely but I'd keep Matheson over Klingberg. Matheson does far more and is more solidified as an every day defenseman and PP1 guy. Klingberg might just be washed. Safer floor and good upside with Matheson. He missed half the season, but look at his per-game stats. He's awesome in your setup.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If NHL.com has him ranked 11th among goalies for THIS year, that's a data point to tell you to ignore their goalie rankings.

Keeping Levi is a commitment to keeping him next year as well, even if he barely plays in the NHL. I'd keep Hart.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Appreciate the quick feedback gents!

@MetalDude that's an interesting take on Matheson. I'll give it some serious thought!
    Yahoo: H2H Keeper (6F,3D,1G)
    G,A,PPG,PPA,+/-,Shots,Hits, W,GAA,SAV%

FWDS: A. Barkov, M. Marner, A. Panarin, J. Robertson, N.Ehlers, J.Bratt , PL Dubois, B Hagel, D. Mercer, B.Jenner
    D: A. Ekblad, J. Klingberg, J. Trouba, , S. Gostisbehere, F. Hronek
    G: Bobrovsky, Jarry, Hart

Yahoo2: H2H Keeper(14-only, up to 2G)
    G,A,+/-, SOG, GWG,PPP,SHG,HIT,BLK,
    W,GAA,SV,SO,

FWDS: N. Mackinnon, M. Rantanen, E. Pettersson, JT Miller, A. Panarin, V. Tarasenko, T. Meier, Z. Hyman , B. Boesner, T. Toffoli, D. Perron
    D: Q. Hughes, Z. Werenski, J. Klingberg, J. Chychrun, M. Matheson
    G: Demko, Hart,, Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I didn't even notice Klingberg was a guy you were keeping. He's the first skater cut from your team for me. Matheson would be an upgrade, but pretty much any other skater you have would be.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.