Thread: Vanecek vs Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Cool Vanecek vs Jarry

Well, not sure about no goalie strategy in my two 10 team keep 8's below.. Going to keep Georgiev in one and can take Vanecek or Jarry as my number #2. I have always tended to not keep goalies in the past and it has worked out well but perhaps it would be wise to consider keeping goalies this year. My other league I have Vanecek and Jarry as my top two goalies. lol. My roster is deep in that league and likely dropping Zibby, Meier, Hischier if I keep 2 goalies. Decisions decisions. Any points that will help differentiate the value between these two goalies and overall draft value appreciated. Rep all around.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Vanecek vs Jarry

I don’t have a ton of faith in either Jarry or Vanecek. New Jersey should get Vanecek more wins, but can see Schmid stealing more starts.

Jarry is probably in a safer position, but also one that I don’t have a ton of faith in.

it’s a toss up, but I may lean Jarry.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i rather have Vanecek, we se numerous time in NHL where young goalie comes in and does well and everybody thinks he will steal job going forward but often does not happen and he goes back to back up....i think that will be a case with Vanecek vs Schmid.

i just dont think Pens will be very good , i think they are done and they digging even bigger hole signing old guys to have another push...its rebuild time in there and faster they realize that, the better for them.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What are the categories for the leagues?

I'm not keeping 2 G in a keep 8, unless your team is littered with crap elsewhere or they are both top tier. None of the guys you're keeping are top tier for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

I have Jarry ranked ahead of Vanecek. He seems a bit more talented. The concern with Jarry is the injuries. For Vanecek, he ran out of steam last season, so maybe he'll be more ready for a heavy workload, or maybe Schmid pushes him for starts. They are both dicey, but Vanecek I have less certainty on.

You'd be passing on a lot of skater talent to take some real question marks in goal. I'm not sure I'd advise that. There will be goalies available in a league your size. They will also have question marks but one thing you'll know for certain is that skaters like Zibanejad will produce for you.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Jarry will get lots of starts on a middling team, he will have patches where he gets hot then patches where he burns you. He should get an OK umber of wins.

Vanecek may get less games on a better team but still in a tough division. More risk of losing job.

I own Jarry and would trade him for Vanecek one for one fairly quickly.