Thread: Who to pick - 20th overall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who to pick - 20th overall

I am on the clock and would love some input on who to pick between the following players for the league in my signature - so far i was able to draft carlsson 3rd, michkov 5th and moore 13th overall.

Players available are:

Danielson
    But
    Musty
    Cristall
    Andrae
    Dumais
    Augustine
    Perron
    Honzek
    Yager
    Simashev
    Brindley

Already gone are:

Bedard
    Fantilli
    Carlsson
    Smith
    Michkov
    Benson
    Leonard
    Dvorsky
    Barlow
    Sandin Pellikka
    Snuggerud
    Milic
    Moore
    Reinbacher
    Perreault
    Nikishin
    Kulich
    Roy
    York

If you think i missed somebody in the BPA section - feel free to let me know

Thanks so much for your input
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Who to pick - 20th overall

I’d go Musty.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

I'd want to know more about the nuances of your league. Can you stash these prospects forever? What's your appetite for a long wait? I think if you need immediate results, then a guy like Andrae has a good shot at making the Flyers and competing with York for PP1 duties. You'll get your answer soon on whether this is a prospect worth keeping.

If what you need is a prospect to flash their upside either from a player playing sooner (probably none of them are in the NHL for another 2 years) or at least showing good results (World Juniors, etc.) then Danielson is the guy. Good chance he pops if his team in Brandon improves, and we might hear training camp buzz plus some WJC appearances. Top-10 pick with some good prospect buzz makes for a great trade chip over the next year or two.

If you just want to hold on to a lotto ticket and don't care about how long it takes I think either But or Musty is the way to go. I don't think we see either guy in the NHL for 3+ seasons however, there's real upside as high shot volume wingers.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I'd want to know more about the nuances of your league. Can you stash these prospects forever? What's your appetite for a long wait? I think if you need immediate results, then a guy like Andrae has a good shot at making the Flyers and competing with York for PP1 duties. You'll get your answer soon on whether this is a prospect worth keeping.

If what you need is a prospect to flash their upside either from a player playing sooner (probably none of them are in the NHL for another 2 years) or at least showing good results (World Juniors, etc.) then Danielson is the guy. Good chance he pops if his team in Brandon improves, and we might hear training camp buzz plus some WJC appearances. Top-10 pick with some good prospect buzz makes for a great trade chip over the next year or two.

If you just want to hold on to a lotto ticket and don't care about how long it takes I think either But or Musty is the way to go. I don't think we see either guy in the NHL for 3+ seasons however, there's real upside as high shot volume wingers.
    We have to promote our minors once they have played 100 nhl games. I don't really care about the wait time. Looking for BPA here. I am leaning towards Danielson or Andrae as well. Could also trade down for 2 3rd rounders - 32nd and 36th overall might be an option

scoring cats:

Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post
    We have to promote our minors once they have played 100 nhl games. I don't really care about the wait time. Looking for BPA here. I am leaning towards Danielson or Andrae as well. Could also trade down for 2 3rd rounders - 32nd and 36th overall might be an option
    I generally like more swings of the bat at this stage of the draft. I figure prospects in that 15-50 range are all around a 50/50 shot of emerging. Obviously some higher picks still available though, which muddies the waters. You might only get one from your above list if you trade down.

However, I'd probably add options like Wood, Gulyayev (huge fan), Dragicevic, Heidt and Sale to your list.

No clue how it turns out but trading back gets you two players from this expanded list instead of trying to figure out the best one.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I will pick Matthew Wood here.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Danielson
    Wood
    But
    Cristall
    Musty

that is the order for me....any of those 5 are good gamble. However if you have another pick in next 5-10 i think Cristall is the most likely to fall...i also really like Perron and i seen him go as high as 9th but also as low as 60+. He should be there for your next pick hopefully.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Update

i traded the pick for 2 lower picks. Picked Andrae with the first of those picks. With the next pick (32nd overall) i gotta decide between Danielson, Simashev, But, Gulyayev, Seamus Casey or a Goalie Prospect like Portillo, Alnefelt, Lindbom, Hrabal, Kolosov - Any Input?

scoring cats:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Selanne13 View Post
    Update

i traded the pick for 2 lower picks. Picked Andrae with the first of those picks. With the next pick (32nd overall) i gotta decide between Danielson, Simashev, But, Gulyayev, Seamus Casey or a Goalie Prospect like Portillo, Alnefelt, Lindbom, Hrabal, Kolosov - Any Input?
    I still think what matters more here is what you actually expect to do with this prospect. Are they going to be a piece you hold onto forever, or will they simply become trade fodder? Draft and hold, you go with But and ride the wave. Trade chip, you take Danielson and ship him off for an upgrade as soon as he pops or the right offer comes along.