Thread: Mackenzie Weegar Going Forward

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Mackenzie Weegar Going Forward

What does everyone think about Mackenzie Weegar going forward? I have three opportunity to acquire him with a reduced salary (65% of his actual salary) in my 28 team dynasty league. Counting stats are G, A, +/-, hits, blocked shots, takeaways, TOI/game PK TOI/game.

The biggest questions are how much PK time will he get (he was 5th on the Flames dmen last year) and how many points do you expect him to get? Will he play the left side in the top 4 or will he be the 3rd pairing right side guy behind Andersson and Tanev?

The cost of acquisition would be Logan Stankoven, Henri Jokiharhu and some filler(s).

My team expects to compete for a championship every year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Mackenzie Weegar Going Forward

I think those categories really favour Weegar, and he should see a bit of a bigger role in his second year in CGY. Stankoven is a tough piece to give up, but I'm assuming he's been asked about quite a bit and Weegar is the best option to acquire with him?

At the reduced salary I think Weegar is a difference maker for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I would be confident about Weegar's role being as large or larger than last year's and for him to be a significant contributor in those peripherals at a great price point. Weegar played the most minutes in a shutdown role with Tanev last year but also a lot of time with Zadorov. No guarantee on role, but 20+ minutes a night is a near certainty with his contract. Also, Hanifin's status being up in the air further increases the odds of big minutes for Weegar.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I would be confident about Weegar's role being as large or larger than last year's and for him to be a significant contributor in those peripherals at a great price point. Weegar played the most minutes in a shutdown role with Tanev last year but also a lot of time with Zadorov. No guarantee on role, but 20+ minutes a night is a near certainty with his contract. Also, Hanifin's status being up in the air further increases the odds of big minutes for Weegar.
    Totally agree with this. The transition to Calgary from Florida (just the weather!) is big. My guess is even without PP time he puts up 40+ points with the awesome peripherals we're accustomed to.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I also think his role is solid moving forward, and those categories are great for him.

Jokiharju seems like he's getting squeezed out of major relevance in Buffalo. He's a solid NHL defenseman, but this should be a big upgrade on him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought that Weegar was doing a reverse Dustin Byfuglien, going from Defence to Forward!! Haha, I'm a goof!

I'd probably make the deal getting Weegar.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Icon

I have officially made the following offer:

I give up Logan Stankoven, Henri Jokiharhu, Justin Schultz and Isaak Phillips

I get Mackenzie Weegar at $4,000,000 per season and a 5th round pick.

Let's see if the deal gets accepted.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like it. Losing Stankoven is a bit painful but if Weegar has a year like most of us think it's a great deal for you especially with the reduced cap hit. Good Luck!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf