Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dobber Top 10!!! Week 4 - Soda

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Dobber Top 10!!! Week 4 - Soda

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I had a Brisk Iced Tea last night.

First time in a long time - It had me thinking I might need to put it into the 10 spot on my list.
    Very refreshing.
    Iced tea as a fountain pop with ice. Yeah that is probably my 11 or 12....

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Iced tea as a fountain pop with ice. Yeah that is probably my 11 or 12....
    Especially on a long, hot day when you haven't been drinking as much as you should...

Man it totally hits the spot!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I have a few more ideas... but I am open to more suggestions for topics.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

I have a few more ideas... but I am open to more suggestions for topics.
    Didn’t we decide on beer?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Didn’t we decide on beer?
    Yes... my list of ideas is:

- cities
    - restaurants
    - beer/alcoholic beverages
    - board games

​​

Dobber Sports Sage

Top 10 Best hockey chirps :P
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Top 10 Best hockey chirps :P
    Pigeon!!

Haha

​​

Administrator

Oh man, soda pop. I have fond memories of working at the Dairy Queen and having the Americans roll up to the counter asking about our flavours of soda pop.

I've been a pop addict since I was a kid. Every day while completing my paper route I'd stop at the local corner store for a bottle. I still remember collecting the Pepsi points. I don't think there are many bad sodas out there. Given the right circumstance every soda has it's place, except Pepsi Blue, which can go back to the 8th circle of hell from which it emerged.

Vanilla Coke - top tier soda. There's just something nostalgic about the time in my life when this came out and was a hot new item. The smoothness of the vanilla, combined with that already smooth, not as overwhelmingly sweet Coca Cola flavour. Just thinking about it is like a warm hug but from a cool drink. I imagine that heroin is like drinking a Vanilla Coke but with your entire nervous system.

Canada Dry Ginger Ale - any ginger ale will do, but Canada Dry is my preference. Just a great soda for around the holidays, maybe mixed with some rye, or just on it's own. The crackling of the carbonation to get you bouncing after an overwhelming amount of food. The little hint of spice from the ginger to freshen things up.

Sprite - what better after killing yourself outside on a hot day. Whether it's working in the yard, the forest, or the hard top, if you've baked in the sun you need a cold lemon/lime refreshment, and Sprite does it best. Also A Tier combination is Sprite + Fruitopia at McDonald's. When Jesus turned water into wine, they really meant this combination.

Mountain Dew Code Red - if you're going to nerd out and watch movies all night or game and just pound your face with salty snacks there is no better drink to balance out the saltiness and cheesiness than the cherry flavoured Code Red. It's the right amount of overwhelmingly sweet and tart to just keep you grabbing at the bag. To be fair, any soda is capable of this and many are designed in a lab for this exact purpose, but none was perfected quite like Code Red. It's the T2000 of soda.

Cola - I won't lie, I don't have a favourite. On average, I lean more towards Pepsi, I think it might be the sweetness, but I'm also a contrarian so I see things like the dedication of Coke fans and I lean away from it. At various times, a Coke will go down better than a Pepsi. I can't put my finger on when. Just in general, cola is an amazing flavour and I'd go for any cola, even RC cola. Just an amazing beverage to combine with a burger and fries, or wings, or pizza, or whatever other greasy foods you shouldn't be eating. I know McDonald's fountain Coke is supposed to be the best for this, because they follow Coke's serving instructions to a T and even have wider straws than most places to overwhelm you with flavour. Hard to argue. I also haven't had a non-coffee, non-salad item from McDonald's in a decade so I can't be certain this still holds up.

A&W Root Beer - some times it just isn't one of those specific times listed above and you also don't want a cola. Great time for a root beer. I really like Barq's as well. Mug is unacceptable. A root beer float is also it's own thing, but tell me that it isn't bliss.

These days I don't drink the sugar sweetened stuff. I'm into the Zevia's. The cream soda is probably their best, but the root beer and the ginger ale slap as well. I'm not averse to going for a Diet Pepsi as well. If I'm going the aspartame route, Diet Pepsi is a far sweeter/more enjoyable drink than any of the Diet Coke options, at least as far as my palate is concerned.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

1. Funko Soda is my go to. It's a little "hit and miss" but I'm loyal to this brand. Post drink, cans serve well at target practice.

2. Funko Darth Vader. A powerful amount of caffeine and runs a little dark in the glass.

3. Grape Crush but import fees make it very expensive to purchase here. Also a favourite of Darth's.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes... my list of ideas is:

- cities
    - restaurants
    - beer/alcoholic beverages
    - board games
    TV shows
    Albums
    favorite NHL players
    favorite MLB players
    favorite songs
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Call of Doughty View Post
    1. Funko Soda is my go to. It's a little "hit and miss" but I'm loyal to this brand. Post drink, cans serve well at target practice.

2. Funko Darth Vader. A powerful amount of caffeine and runs a little dark in the glass.
    fitting lol - what does it taste like?
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24