Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Position Eligibility Updates

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Yahoo Position Eligibility Updates

P7 is right. They never take a position away after the season has started. All that being said though, I can’t imagine that they don’t cut back some of the current eligibility in the next week or two.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I just tweeted at YahooFantasyCC - thanks horrorfan.
    The Crosby "LW" grant is the absolute silliest thing I've ever seen in fantasy sports in all my years.

Dobber Sports Monster

Talking to Yahoo customer service today...
    "We apologize for the inconvenience, the eligibilities are not final, we are still working on these."
    Oh great, some positional uncertainty with keeper deadlines and redrafts coming up

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Talking to Yahoo customer service today...
    "We apologize for the inconvenience, the eligibilities are not final, we are still working on these."
    Oh great, some positional uncertainty with keeper deadlines and redrafts coming up
    In other words: "We messed up"

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    In other words: "We messed up"
    Frankly I appreciate that there is acknowledgement that there was an error. my first draft isnt till September 9 so I imagine itll be sorted by then. Fantasy Football drafts are more pressing between now and Labour Day haha
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Looks like they reset it to before the mess

Dobber Sports Star

wow. amazing thank god
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Wolverine

Yep, I'm impressed and surprised they reset it. Clearly it was a mistake rather than the usual 'our data provider yada yada..."

Dobber Sports Icon

Very glad to see the reset but I’d be surprised if they don’t make some more changes prior to the season. There’s still some pretty glaring eligibility issues.

Maybe this was their plan, people complained before the initial mass dual eligibility addition. So they thought “let’s really give them something to complain about”. Then they reset it to the state it was before and everyone is happy haha

Dobber Sports Icon

Very glad to see the reset but I’d be surprised if they don’t make some more changes prior to the season. There’s still some pretty glaring eligibility issues.

Maybe this was their plan, people complained before the initial mass dual eligibility addition. So they thought “let’s really give them something to complain about”. Then they reset it to the state it was before and everyone is happy haha

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post

Yeah I fully expect more changes, just hope they are more realistic. Unfortunately they probably won't remove those C only positions to wingers that shouldn't have had them in the first place. But if they are given an accurate winger position as well, it's better than C only.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Yeah I fully expect more changes, just hope they are more realistic. Unfortunately they probably won't remove those C only positions to wingers that shouldn't have had them in the first place. But if they are given an accurate winger position as well, it's better than C only.
    Yeah, having a pure W like Kyrou only having C eligibility would really suck in a league that counts FWs. But if he has C/W eligibility it’s not a huge bonus.

But if someone like Crosby had LW eligibility in a league that counts FWs it skews the value far worse.

Dobber Sports Sage

If this doesn't get fixed I'm going to suggest to my league that we switch to Fantrax. This is ridiculous. It should not be this hard to have the correct positions and when you have a limited keeper league with positions, it's a rather big deal when half your keepers lose positions. At least give us the option to add positions like Fantrax. Hell, you can't even properly prepare for drafts right now.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

It's one of the biggest problems/issues with fantasy (betting) on hockey. Unlike most other sports, there are no defined positions.

For example, what position does the league'sConnor McDavid play? How about Leon Draisaitl? How about when they play in the same line?

The Wolverine

Has anyone who's been in contact with Yahoo been told whether they are planning to make any further changes after the reset?