Thread: Hardy Haman Aktell

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Hardy Haman Aktell

Does anyone have a read on this guy signed by the Washington Capitals? It's he expected to make the team? If he does, what kind of a role and results do you expect?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Hardy Haman Aktell

I'd never heard of him until I read about him in a Pronman article on The Athletic. Haven't heard anything about him since reading it either. None the less, if you don't have a subscription to The Athletic, here's what he had to say about him:

1. Hardy Haman Aktell, LHD, Vaxjo-SHL: Haman Aktell, a former Nashville draft pick, has been a quality member of a top SHL team this season in Vaxjo. Haman Aktell is a huge defenseman who was often injured shortly after Nashville drafted him. He’s been healthy the last few years, though, and his offensive touch has taken off this season. I don’t view him as a big points producer in North America, but he can make a good first pass and has a strong point shot. His skating will be a major limitation in the NHL, but I think he defends well enough to potentially overcome that and be a third-pair defenseman in the league.
    Sounds like a depth piece at best, if he can make it. The depth of your league will determine if he has any value, and hopefully you have minors system you can stash him in if he starts in the AHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Thank you for sharing. I am not a big fan of Corey Pronman even though I read all his stuff on the Athletic. He values skill too much compared to actual NHL teams.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Thank you for sharing. I am not a big fan of Corey Pronman even though I read all his stuff on the Athletic. He values skill too much compared to actual NHL teams.
    Nothing wrong with that. I'm not sure but I'd find it hard to believe that actual NHL teams don't over-value skill too. You can never have too much of it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."