Thread: Tyson Foerster

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Tyson Foerster

Hey peeps! Hope everyone is having a great day! Just curious what a lot of you think this guy’s ceiling is. I know he played very well in limited games last season, but where do you see him if/when he is an NHL regular?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Tyson Foerster

I think his absolute ceiling is 40G and 30A in a season. I don't think he actually ever scores 40 in a year but with that shot, he could of everything went right.

I expect more along a regular output of 25G, 20A per season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Tyson Foerster

^I think this is really good prediction - I recently (on Twitter... vs Dobber) set him as 72pt ceiling.
    The kid has an absolutely awesome heavy & accurate short... but... there's not a lot beyond that.
    At NHL level, his skating will be meh, his vision will be meh, stickhandling meh.

I think 45-50pts annually is a good benchmark.

Maybe Dobber'll pop in... he's apparently super keen on the kid - moreso than Eklund, Holtz, and Slaf!!!

[FWIW - there's some kids that absolutely tear up CHL... do VERY well at AHL... and become very meh at NHL. Such was Jack Studnicka. Foerster definitely has 2nd line NHL game... he just doesn't have 1st line game.]
    [Note #2 - Foerster's game showed up big last year for three reasons: 1. PHI, being very young team - had lots of available TOI for him at AHL... 2. He was most exciting player at AHL All-Star game... 3. He had 7pts in 8gp in NHL - and we all LOOOOOVE to extrapolate small sample sizes - but two of those points were empty net and all of them with Couts, Atkinson and Konecny out-of-the-lineup for those games.]