Thread: Saros + 2024 2nd round for Cutter Gauthier + 2024 1st

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Saros + 2024 2nd round for Cutter Gauthier + 2024 1st

As the title says. I'd receive Gauthier and the 1st

League info: fantrax 16 team cap dynasty league, start only 1 goalie, 20 player minor league system

Goalie stats:
    Shootout Losses (ShL)
    Goals Against (GA)
    Overtime Losses (OL)
    Saves (SV)
    Shutouts (SHO)
    Wins (W)
    Also have Vanacek and Shesterkin on roster, with Askarov in the minors. Gauthier would immediately be one of my top 2/3 prospects. And the pick 1st that is being offered to me is from a team that finished bottom half of the league last year, and will very possibly be bottom half again.

Thoughts?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Saros + 2024 2nd round for Cutter Gauthier + 2024 1st

i would have to say no right now. i think you should get a more proven asset for saros. i understand the depth in goal here but Saros is very good in those stats. i wonder would this team have finished in the bottom half if he had a stud goalie? something to consider
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I wouldn't do that. Saros by himself will make the draft pick yo are getting wore, since he's high end.

Instead of going for pick & prospects, go for a player or wait until the season is over and deal one before the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I typed this in a rush, and forgot a few important details. The pick I’m receiving is a 1st from a different team than the one trading it (he has multiple 1sts). I inherited this team, and when I did it was 23 million over the cap. It had a few bad contracts, and guys who got major raises this summer. I’m current at 10 over, and moving Saros would take me down to 5 over.

First, can you not just straight up cut players? All of your 3 goalies should have good value in any league, cap or not. I'd wait to find the right deal.

Second, the fact that you're getting a different bad team's first rounder is very important, but isn't enough to make me want to do the deal. What is the cap number everyone has to meet?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

The cap is the same as the real cap, 83.5. My roster is as follows

Center: McDavid, Rossi, Dube, Horvat
    Wing: Marner, M. Tkachuk, Rakell, Terry, Boldy, Kuzmenko
    Defense: L. Hughes, Toews, Shattenkirk, C. Miller, Hague

Minors: Geekie, Bordeleau, Bourgault, J. Roy, Ruzicka, Stenberg, Allison, Jeannot, Bemstrom, Quinn, N. Robertson, Rosen, J. Harris, Rathbone, Reinbacher

Cats are: G-5, A-5, FOW-.1, Blks-.5, Hits-.5, PIM-.25, SOG-.5, PPP-2.5,

Administrator

I don't mind the deal. With all the expensive options on your roster, you definitely need some contributors on ELCs to round things out. These options won't help you for a few years but are nice to have in the system. However, your system is already kind of stacked with options, and should be relatively stacked in a 16-team league so I'm not too keen on overcrowding.

Saros wouldn't be my first option to subtract money from your roster but it's also one of the last years he'll hold full value on his great contract so selling high isn't a bad idea. Like others, I might be looking for an option that could contribute a little sooner or you'll be relying on some of your prospects to contribute before they are ready. Ultimately, you've got a long window with McDavid and Marner as elite contributors but you'll have to stack value deals with the right timing to really maximize your roster given the money they take up.

You said you are new to this league, have you shopped around or are you just examining offers as they come in? There'd be a ton of value in shopping around to see the value of Saros in this league and goalies in general, before committing to any moves.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    I don't mind the deal. With all the expensive options on your roster, you definitely need some contributors on ELCs to round things out. These options won't help you for a few years but are nice to have in the system. However, your system is already kind of stacked with options, and should be relatively stacked in a 16-team league so I'm not too keen on overcrowding.

Saros wouldn't be my first option to subtract money from your roster but it's also one of the last years he'll hold full value on his great contract so selling high isn't a bad idea. Like others, I might be looking for an option that could contribute a little sooner or you'll be relying on some of your prospects to contribute before they are ready. Ultimately, you've got a long window with McDavid and Marner as elite contributors but you'll have to stack value deals with the right timing to really maximize your roster given the money they take up.

You said you are new to this league, have you shopped around or are you just examining offers as they come in? There'd be a ton of value in shopping around to see the value of Saros in this league and goalies in general, before committing to any moves.
    I’ve sent a few messages out to people, but not too much response yet (or people wanting to give the bare minimum). It’s also mid august so some people probably aren’t even too active so I might have to wait till closer to the season when people get more active. The only problem is, at the moment I’d say roughly 3/4 of the league is also over the cap, so that’s hindering some moves too. And the couple that aren’t are rebuilding and not looking to move young/cheap players. Technically I can bury Boldy and/or Kuzmenko in the minors (our minors eligibility is 200 or less games played) and it won’t affect the cap…but obviously that’s kind of a last resort lol. I’ve flirted with the idea of dropping Horvat, as some of the guys listed have C/W dual eligibility, but I’m hesitant on that too.

Given this format, I'd see if I could move McDavid & say a Terry or Rakell for Draisiatl plus somebody else very good.

You break out forwards, and with the cap that tight, you want bargains. I'd suspect Draisiatl was the #1 winger last year.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like the idea of moving Saros considering your teams depth at goalie, but I dont like the return. It's just underwhelming for me for a goalie who's arguably a top 10 goalie in most fantasy setups.

You said it yourself, it's mid August and most right now are not in the fantasy hockey frame of mind. I'd be patient on trading him to see if others come out of the slumber once September rolls around. You shouldn't be in a rush in the off-season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like the idea of moving Saros considering your teams depth at goalie, but I dont like the return. It's just underwhelming for me for a goalie who's arguably a top 10 goalie in most fantasy setups.

You said it yourself, it's mid August and most right now are not in the fantasy hockey frame of mind. I'd be patient on trading him to see if others come out of the slumber once September rolls around. You shouldn't be in a rush in the off-season.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf