Thread: Thomas Novak

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Thomas Novak

Novak came out of nowhere to have very good numbers last year. Is he going to continue down on that path or is he going to become more of a plummer? Nashville also brought in Ryan OÂ’Reilley this summer and Glass is there also. How many points is Novak going to get next season?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Thomas Novak

He didn't really come out of nowhere. His AHL numbers were pretty consistent with his performance. Don't think he's a play driver but Nashville has done little to nothing to improve (as per usual) so it's possible he ends repeating similar numbers in a full season. I can see 55-60 if nothing significant changes, but he's not a key player so subtract 10-15 from that if they bring in someone that's talented enough to supplant him.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

True he had some good AHL seasons. Do you guys see him dropping to being behind O’Reilley and Glass or is he going to stay on the top two lines? First or second power play unit or no significant power play time?

Dobber Sports Monster

I picked him up on free agents in one league, used him for the first little bit before he broke out. I dropped him just before he went on a tear. I regret it and he looks to be a decent contributor going forward. I'd say 50-65 pts a year consistently is fair.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I picked him up on free agents in one league, used him for the first little bit before he broke out. I dropped him just before he went on a tear. I regret it and he looks to be a decent contributor going forward. I'd say 50-65 pts a year consistently is fair.
    So you are the one we can thank for giving him the 'bump'

Thanks!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

He's likely C2 and PP1 to start the year. His performance will determine whether he stays there. I would guess 45 - 55 points on the season for him.

The Great One

I see him as feast or famine for the most part - 40% chance of 65+ point pace, 40% change of 45 point pace or less, and only 20% somewhere in between.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I remember reading about him for years in dobbers prospect guides. I was still pretty impressed how he performed last year. I don’t think it’s a fluke. I agree with the above prediction. He hovers around 50 points maybe one year he could hit 60 but I don’t see much more ceiling than that. But such a killer waiver wire pickup for whoever pounced on him. I unfortunately didn’t!