Page 132 of 160 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2386

Thread: Who Am I? [Game - Hockey]

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who Am I? [Game - Hockey]

Yes, it's me Per-Erik "Pelle" Eklund. I played in Philly the whole time until I was traded to Dallas before the deadline in my final season. Only nine seasons in total and never a point-per-game player, except for in the playoffs, in the run to the finals in -87 against Edmonton. Winner of the Bobby Clarke Trophy in 1990-91. Now a European scout for Seattle.

edit: Not sure how prevalent these awards are in the NHL. Not all teams have them, and I suspect most haven't them named after certain players.

The Great One

Nice. The last clue finally allowed me to narrow it down. I figured I was correct, so I already have one ready to go:

CLUE#1 - I'm a retired North American defenseman
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ray Bourque
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

One of these times it will indeed be Ray Bourque, but alas this is not that time. But you bought the group a second clue....

CLUE#2 - I spent many seasons with the team that drafted me, then went to a new team for two seasons, and then returned to my original team for what would be the final two seasons of my career
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

My supercomputer didn't work last time...

So I am just guessing the first name that comes to mind.

Rob Blake
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

I'm also not the venerable Rob Blake. One more clue for today:

CLUE#2 - I spent many seasons with the team that drafted me, then went to a new team for two seasons, and then returned to my original team for what would be the final two seasons of my career
    CLUE#3 - Although I only spent two seasons on my second team, I set my high in career points (not scoring rate, actual points) in one of those seasons, which also happened to be the only time I played 80+ games in any season, and in fact I missed fewer than ten games in a full season just four times in my entire career

Adam Foote

​​

The Great One

I'm not Adam Foote. The next clue is:

CLUE#3 - Although I only spent two seasons on my second team, I set my high in career points (not scoring rate, actual points) in one of those seasons, which also happened to be the only time I played 80+ games in any season, and in fact I missed fewer than ten games in a full season just four times in my entire career
    CLUE#4 - I never scored 40 points in any NHL season (although I scored at a 40 point pace twice), but I was still quite effective on the power play, including one season where all but eight of my points came with the man advantage

Derian Hatcher

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Squinting my eyes a bit and you may pass as Kevin Lowe.

The Great One

Two strong guesses, but neither is correct. Here's another clue:

CLUE#4 - I never scored 40 points in any NHL season (although I scored at a 40 point pace twice), but I was still quite effective on the power play, including one season where all but eight of my points came with the man advantage
    CLUE#5 - I represented my country twice in the World Junior Championships, and in one of those instances I produced point per game scoring

Dobber Sports Initiate

Patrice Brisebois fits pretty well too

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    Patrice Brisebois fits pretty well too
    That's because it is Patrice Brisebois! I am a little sad I didn't get to use my next clue, which would've given it away I'm sure:

CLUE#6 - After signing a new deal with the team that drafted me, I was a very minus player in two of the next three seasons, earning me - from my team's ardent fans - a very derisive nickname that is a play on words of my last name

Of course that would be "Breeze-By", which I still remember to this day. Oh you merciless Habs fans...

You're up loppan....

Dobber Sports Initiate

Nice.

#1 - I've been an All-Star twice, I've been a NHL team captain twice, and I was traded because of contract disputes twice - who am I?

edit: clarification. not sure if tough or easy..

Dion Phaneuf

​​