Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keeper Choices

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Keeper Choices

Sounds like you are sold on Beniers.

I'm not though, that's the trouble. He's still young and seems to project more of a 70-75 point, very defensibly responsible center. Which is great if I have him on the team I root for but not world-beating for fantasy in my league's specific scoring. That's why I am considering guys like Norris or Kuz. I'm not out on Kuzmenko whatsoever, I'm just explaining my reservations about him. I have reservations about all of them. McCann did just put up 40/30, so saying woof to him while praising Kuzmenko's 39/36 while acknowledging much of it was likely due to Pettersson exposure does seem a little bias.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Chehawk View Post
    McCann did just put up 40/30
    And McCann shot 19%, even though he's a career 12% shooter.
    So... in fairness - talk regression there, like you did with Kuzmenko.

What's your rank of how you are leaning right now?

Dobber Sports Newbie

[QUOTE=Pengwin7;2245417]And McCann shot 19%, even though he's a career 12% shooter.

What's your rank of how you are leaning right now?

Kuzmenko shot 27%, which is wildly unsustainable. His KHL average is around 17%, which is still very good but not an almost 30% clip. McCann does make a good parallel as I wouldn't consider keeping McCann but have considered Kuz because of the exposure / stack.

I've kept Zegras since I drafted him, sunk cost but I feel like I'm along for the ride now and he's approaching his 200th game. After him, I've talked myself into Norris and Beniers. Robert Thomas I took early in last years draft, and he has the potential to make me regret it IF he starts shooting. He has to very good stable linemates. I just don't know if Thomas will ever be more than a 25/50 guy. Bigger picture is I have McDavid. So I SHOULD keep to win now and utilize all of McDavid years I can. BUT I let go of Stutzle last year to do just that and, while that worked, I would love Stutzle on my roster and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Future F1: Zegras Hybrid F1: Zegras Win Now F1: Norris
    F2: Beniers / Norris / Thomas F2: Thomas / Norris / Kuz F2: Kuzmenko

Dobber Sports Veteran

A small voice:

I watch Kuzmenko, and yes he has a high sh%, but that is because he is not a volume shooter, he is a sniper and will make a pass if he doesnt think he can score, he wont waste a shot to pad his stats. So his numbers seem too high, but imo its just because he thinks about scoring not shooting.

McCann is a volume shooter. Compared to AK, Jared had 0.9 more shots per game and over 3 more shots per 60 last season

Both goal scorers, but totally different mentality.

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...-2023%3AR%3A99

Do with that what you will.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm shocked Scheifele is getting no love here. He is solid pretty much every year for 75-85 point pace. Beniers/Zegras/Kuzmenko all have upside of his standard performance over the next 2-3 years but much lower floors.

He'd be a lock for one of the spots and then I'd start to consider one of the other trio here. With the offseason changes by ANA I probably take Zegras by a hair over Beniers.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I thought over Scheifele, but in the end I didn't think it was the best overall play. Jets aren't improving and I expect his point totals to reflect that (much like it did this past season). I don't see there going to be a large enough difference in points to lose some great youth.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm surprised I gleaned over Scheifele too.
    I think of him as a point-per-game player: 40g/35a... he's shooting more and he has great accuracy.
    Not sure WPG has finishers for him to keep his assists up on with PLD & Wheeler out.

That said... we're talking keeper league and he's age30.
    I think Kuzmenko will do 40g/35a... and he's age27.

Sometimes you sacrifice a bit of "current" pointing for longer effective years.

There's a lot of VERY close players in this list.
    It's really tight. I don't think there's a BAD decision among the top 4-5 options.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kyle Connor is still a great go to guy.

Outside of KC and MS, the only other offensive threats is like Ehlers, Neidereiter???
    PLD and Wheeler are two big names shipped out though. As a result, I think teams will be able to really hone in on neutralizing MS and KC.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Monster

McDavid, Hughes, Svechnikov, Pettersson, Zegras, Beniers.
    Fox, Hughes.
    Sorokin

My only thought is the last forward is Scheifele or Beniers. If your team is really ready to win now Scheif may be the slightly better option but not by much imo. Beniers 1 year and beyond.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    McDavid, Hughes, Svechnikov, Pettersson, Zegras, Beniers.
    Fox, Hughes.
    Sorokin

My only thought is the last forward is Scheifele or Beniers. If your team is really ready to win now Scheif may be the slightly better option but not by much imo. Beniers 1 year and beyond.
    I agree with aswell.

Maybe replace Hughes with Serg

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    I agree with aswell.

Maybe replace Hughes with Serg
    True. I just looked up Sergachev's stats, didn't realize he did so well lol. I would have to think on that one for awhile but typically I like picking the new shiny toy in case they turn into another Adam Fox.