Thread: Finally taking rebuild seriously

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Finally taking rebuild seriously

So I致e finally decided to really take my rebuild seriously. After trying for a couple of years, it was obvious I needed to give myself some tough love and actually do it. New year, new me! I have 2nd, 4th and 9th overall, plus some picks mid to late 3rd round. I知 taking Fantilli at 2, but I知 on the fence with my 4th overall. Pretty sure Carlsson will go 3rd, and I知 torn on some players at 4th. Michkov seems like an obvious choice, but I really like Benson, too. The wait bothers me a bit, but safe to assume the best pick here would be Michkov? I知 not looking to move any of my 1sts, just want to know what you all think. We value forwards way more than D, so I would also like to know who you think would be a good pick at 9th overall. Doubt Benson is there at 9, so who you taking? League is points only. 18 skaters / 3 goalies. 1 point for G/A. Prospect draft consists of only players drafted that year.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Finally taking rebuild seriously

Fantilli will help almost right away.
    That leaves open the play of taking BPA at #4 - Benson's 1-2 years away as is. what's one more year?
    Besides... there's probably a better than 50-50 chance you trade Michkov or Benson before they play in the NHL... for someone that does.

#9 - take BPA.

Every pick, BPA. period.
    It's fantasy hockey.
    You can trade 100x's easier than an NHL team to fill holes in your line up.
    Don't overthink it. Draft studs - ignore positions
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The only realy good way to factor in position is to look at your lineup requirements & scoring system. How you break out skaters ( if you do) is key. Categories also matter.

I'd try to go BPA everywhere, but the more teams you have, the more likely you'll look at positional need a little.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd take Michkov 4th assuming Carlsson goes at 3. If Carlsson slips to 4th, you're golden.

As far as who to take at 9th, it's hard to say because we have no idea who is going 5-8 at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the best candidates for 9th overall would be Leonard, Wood, Dvorsky, Barlow, But. They all landed on teams where they will have opportunities sooner rather than later and they all have NHL type frames which lessens the risk of extended adjustment and injury time (theoretically).

Of those Wood, Barlow, Dvorsky will likely give you the shortest wait time but one might argue that Leonard has the highest ceiling. I'm not personally a big fan of But but he should have an easy path to a critical lineup spot if he develops well.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

The Great One

I think you take Michkov at 4 - it's the right thing to do given the totality of your circumstances.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/