Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Snobs - Favorite Coffee(s)?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Coffee Snobs - Favorite Coffee(s)?

I’ll leave this open - can be a cup from a cafe, whole beans, ground coffee - name the brand, the way you make it whatever you want. I’m a bit of a coffee snob!

I love Kicking Horse - Honestly they don’t make a bad tasting coffee - Happy Camper is one of the best. I love making it using the French press. I find the French press brings out a better, richer flavour. I also drink coffee black and I like it strong.

Also High Horse is amazing coffee even better than the Kicking Horse mentioned above! Of course whole bean is my favorite way as I’ll grind it myself so fresh.

Honorable Mentions: Beaver Rock is very good very Canadian eh, Rogue Wave is all light roast but it’s pretty good in the French Press.

What about dobberland?
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Coffee Snobs - Favorite Coffee(s)?

I've drank coffee just twice this year...

All rise non coffee drinkers!
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm too cheap to be a coffee snob.
    I'll buy 4 cans when i find it on sale for $8
    hell, there's enough left in my pot for a cup. I'll re-heat that tomorrow before making fresh.
    I just don't care.
    I enjoy a good cup... I just don't seek it out.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

I intentionally refuse to drink better coffee. I figure it would just cost me money and I am happy with what I drink now - the cheapest whole beans I can find at the store and I grind them every monring fresh and make them in a french press. Bets of both worlds.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I intentionally refuse to drink better coffee. I figure it would just cost me money and I am happy with what I drink now - the cheapest whole beans I can find at the store and I grind them every monring fresh and make them in a french press. Bets of both worlds.
    Hey man I sometimes buy the cheaper whole beans. They’re still fresh and taste pretty good. It’s a good compromise I totally get that!

Dobber Sports Deity

Does Kirkland Breakfast Blend k-cup pods count?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Does Kirkland Breakfast Blend k-cup pods count?
    I’ll say this it’s better than Folgers: it’s drinkable haha. Folgers regular blend is like the one coffee I won’t drink. I’d rather put my dirty work socks in a coffee filter and press brew 😂

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We had some in Jamaica... it was amazing.

We brought some of it home with us... wish I would have chartered a plane home with it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I've never had a conversation with a "coffee snob".
    That's interesting.

I've only known two types of coffee drinkers:
    Type 1: We drink X-brand. (Something they've picked and like)
    Type 2: Starbucks people. (I don't do extended coffee talk with Starbucks people. You simply like sugar-coffee and don't mind paying extra money for it.)
    [I know we have some Type2s on the forums... sorry, not sorry for calling you out.]

I look forward to coffee every morning... but it's more about the "You are GOING to help me function soon, thank you" aspect than "I need you to be delicious".

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    We had some in Jamaica... it was amazing.

We brought some of it home with us... wish I would have chartered a plane home with it.
    Dude I totally get that. I love drinking coffee from its country of origin that’s awesome. Could you not bring any back because it was considered food?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I've never had a conversation with a "coffee snob".
    That's interesting.

I've only known two types of coffee drinkers:
    Type 1: We drink X-brand. (Something they've picked and like)
    Type 2: Starbucks people. (I don't do extended coffee talk with Starbucks people. You simply like sugar-coffee and don't mind paying extra money for it.)
    [I know we have some Type2s on the forums... sorry, not sorry for calling you out.]

I look forward to coffee every morning... but it's more about the "You are GOING to help me function soon, thank you" aspect than "I need you to be delicious".
    Ah yes the Starbucks faithful…you know their coffee black is not crazy expensive and is quite good. But I agree to drink sugar water with a few coffee beans sprinkled in I just never understood that. If you don’t like coffee why drink it?

And for me I can’t stick with one brand though I will go back to my favourites I love trying new coffees even if it’s PC brand or no name or a 70$ bag of pure Kona beans (which as good as it was wasn’t 70$ good).

I won’t lie I actually like the Walmart brand (Great Value) tins which are cheap and are actually pretty good. I think they’re discarded McDonald beans if I’m honest…

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah... I'm actually super intrigued because I'd love to know I'm drinking a "good coffee" - but I also know that my pallet isn't refined enough to notice.
    I've heard there are keen chocolate people out there too... that - their taste buds just love a "good chocolate" - and they know it's not Hersheys.

Super cool.
    Keep us posted with what you find & like. I'd love to know.

The wife & I drank several flavors of Dunkin' Donuts brands for home brew over past 10 years.
    But we just recently started getting Tim Hortons tubs of ground for home brew a year ago.. and we like that just fine.
    But... I'll be honest. I have no idea how to grade a coffee.

What else do you like best so far?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I intentionally refuse to drink better coffee.
    I'm the same way. I've been drinking Folgers Black Silk for years and I have no intention of changing. Sure, I could get beans and grind them everyday and filter my water and I have no doubt it would taste better but I'm happy with what I drink now. I also do K-Cups of DD, Starbucks, and McDonald's but I only do a couple of those a week. My favorite coffee is McDonalds. I drink my coffee hot, black, and strong. And I drink a lot of it.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I'm the same way. I've been drinking Folgers Black Silk for years and I have no intention of changing. Sure, I could get beans and grind them everyday and filter my water and I have no doubt it would taste better but I'm happy with what I drink now. I also do K-Cups of DD, Starbucks, and McDonald's but I only do a couple of those a week. My favorite coffee is McDonalds. I drink my coffee hot, black, and strong. And I drink a lot of it.
    I actually didn’t hate the black silk but their regular blend ugh haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yeah... I'm actually super intrigued because I'd love to know I'm drinking a "good coffee" - but I also know that my pallet isn't refined enough to notice.
    I've heard there are keen chocolate people out there too... that - their taste buds just love a "good chocolate" - and they know it's not Hersheys.

Super cool.
    Keep us posted with what you find & like. I'd love to know.

The wife & I drank several flavors of Dunkin' Donuts brands for home brew over past 10 years.
    But we just recently started getting Tim Hortons tubs of ground for home brew a year ago.. and we like that just fine.
    But... I'll be honest. I have no idea how to grade a coffee.

What else do you like best so far?
    So I assume if you’ve done the Dunkin’ donuts brand are you in the us somewhere? Both my favourites (ironically enough both having horse in the name!) I think are mainly western Canada coffees. Tim’s isn’t too bad actually I think their take home stuff is better than their in store at least in my opinion. The coffee McDonalds serves is actually one of the best fast food brand coffees and that used to be the beans Tim hortons used! But for a more universal brand Lavazza makes a pretty decent cup of coffee, nabob is actually very good also. I bough a Safeway brand called Our Compliments it was their winter blend and since spring had sprung they were selling them for 3$ for a bag and man that was darn good.

I’ve also roasted my own green coffee beans in a frying pan on on the stove. You need a heck of a ventilation system Or get used to throat irritations to do it but man if you get the roast right and don’t burn it it’s by far the freshest tastiest coffee you ever had! If I can think of any more readily available brands I’ll reply back as I really like trying the more local brands as they tend to be more adventurous.