Thread: 2023 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 13

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2022 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 12

I wish I was that lucky.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Knock on wood... but...

My team (O-Bijan Kenobi) is 4-1 out of the gates.
    I've only had one injury of significance so far... gotten just 3 healthy quarters from Aaron Jones (round 3 picks, ~ 32 overall) in game1.
    Fortunately, Gus Edwards as the Dobbins-IR-patch has given me a suitable RB2.
    Four darts at veteran WRs... and one has HIT: Adam Thielen is back to glory for the Carolina Panthers!!!
    (Gives me 4 WR options with DJ Moore rd2, Chris Godwin rd4, and Christian Kirk!)

I'm curious to see how far into season I can get without an "add".
    Looks like possibly to week 9/10/11 when I'm forced to replace BYE week solo positional picks: QB Mahomes, TE Engram, K Koo, and D-New Orleans.
    Oh, rookie mistake from a veteran. NEVER talk about how well your team is doing. The Karma monster in Fantasty sports is like the clown from Stephen King's It, (Rashaad) Pennywise. Remember, "they all float down here"!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

2-3 with decent PF, but staring down the barrel of relegation with the prospect of Jefferson done for the season. But hey at least the Vikings put Jefferson on IR before waiv....

*touches ear* "whats that"

Oh I am told they did not put Jefferson on IR before waivers ran lol.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    2-3 with decent PF, but staring down the barrel of relegation with the prospect of Jefferson done for the season. But hey at least the Vikings put Jefferson on IR before waiv....

I feel your pain losing your 1st round pick to a season ending injury. Granted, it wasn't as high as your pick, but it still hurts.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Nearly 100 points the last three weeks from Achane who is now on IR. At least my highest-drafted RB is healthy (a disappointment).

[Am I doing it right to not anger the fantasy gods?]
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

I went through that back in 2020 with McCaffrey, having taken him 1st overall. Injured in week 2 (still put up a solid score) and attempted a comeback in NOV (again put up a decent score) but then was done, so about 3 weeks from him. Just barely managed to avoid relegation that year and probably shouldn't have given my points for were bottom of the league (minus the one guy that didn't participate). I wish you luck. It made every week do or die so kept me interested right until the end at least!

This year the Fantasy Football gods are taking it to me. Not sure what I did to piss them off, but 1-4 is not where I thought I'd be. My PF say I should be just out of 6th but my PA say I should be dead last, with almost 100 points more against then the next closest. That hurts only being 5 weeks in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I went through that back in 2020 with McCaffrey, having taken him 1st overall. Injured in week 2 (still put up a solid score) and attempted a comeback in NOV (again put up a decent score) but then was done, so about 3 weeks from him. Just barely managed to avoid relegation that year and probably shouldn't have given my points for were bottom of the league (minus the one guy that didn't participate). I wish you luck. It made every week do or die so kept me interested right until the end at least!

This year the Fantasy Football gods are taking it to me. Not sure what I did to piss them off, but 1-4 is not where I thought I'd be. My PF say I should be just out of 6th but my PA say I should be dead last, with almost 100 points more against then the next closest. That hurts only being 5 weeks in.
    Sammeeeee with me last year. I took Taylor 1st last year because was worried about CMC's health. Good times.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Oh, rookie mistake from a veteran. NEVER talk about how well your team is doing. The Karma monster in Fantasty sports is like the clown from Stephen King's It, (Rashaad) Pennywise. Remember, "they all float down here"!
    Today was the day.
    ATL using Bijan as a decoy. Injured? TBD.
    One half, no touches, no targets, no points.
    ATL RB2: Cordarelle!
    And Ridder fumble before half takes some Koo FG points from happening.

FantasyFootballGods: "You're not in control, foolish human."
    Me watching TB (Godwin) vs ATL (Bijan, Koo) first half:

Dobber Sports Ninja

I read that he had a headache that wouldn't go away...I've got Bijan in another league, sigh.

Default Re: 2023 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 13

Man what a showdown on MNF between Gibbs/Lions D v Patterson. Neither of us deserved that loss lol.

On topic throwing this in the chat so we can maybe remember to discuss/vote next year (if I don’t get relegated lol). Lots of leagues throw in a second matchup vs. league average scoring (so if you’re the second highest score you go 1-1 vs. 0-1). Adds in some fairness to teams who score high but get unlucky in matchups. If Yahoo has that setting maybe we discuss in the offseason?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Man what a showdown on MNF between Gibbs/Lions D v Patterson. Neither of us deserved that loss lol.

On topic throwing this in the chat so we can maybe remember to discuss/vote next year (if I don’t get relegated lol). Lots of leagues throw in a second matchup vs. league average scoring (so if you’re the second highest score you go 1-1 vs. 0-1). Adds in some fairness to teams who score high but get unlucky in matchups. If Yahoo has that setting maybe we discuss in the offseason?
    Love the idea, but Yahoo doesn't have that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Love the idea, but Yahoo doesn't have that setting.
    Damn maybe they will add it. Sleeper has had it for a few years, and I know ESPN has it now.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Man, not sure about others, but this has been a bit of a crazy season for me.

After starting out 0-4 (which I did not think my team was weak enough to do) I figured I'd be fighting off relegation. Three weeks later I'm 1-6 and sitting in second last. But after rattling off 5 straight wins to reach 6-6, there's an outside shot I can make the playoffs in the 6-spot.

I have more PF than the next 3 ahead of me, so if I'm able to win out and get some help, I could leapfrog one of them. My best shot is against Frisky Hobbit who sits just ahead of me at 7-5 and who I end up playing in the final week of the regular season. If I'm able to maintain my PF lead and beat Hate the Drake next week, it could come down to that final week matchup! Been a crazy season boys! Looking forward to how this plays out!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Man, not sure about others, but this has been a bit of a crazy season for me.

After starting out 0-4 (which I did not think my team was weak enough to do) I figured I'd be fighting off relegation. Three weeks later I'm 1-6 and sitting in second last. But after rattling off 5 straight wins to reach 6-6, there's an outside shot I can make the playoffs in the 6-spot.

I have more PF than the next 3 ahead of me, so if I'm able to win out and get some help, I could leapfrog one of them. My best shot is against Frisky Hobbit who sits just ahead of me at 7-5 and who I end up playing in the final week of the regular season. If I'm able to maintain my PF lead and beat Hate the Drake next week, it could come down to that final week matchup! Been a crazy season boys! Looking forward to how this plays out!
    More proof that 0-4 is never out of it.

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Gabe did near the same thing in our tier II league. Went on a 5 game heater.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24