Thread: Zegras or Necas??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Zegras or Necas??

What’s up! For league 2 in my sig, i have to choose between Zegras and Necas for my last keeper…
    Necas at only 3M is pretty good in a cap league and Zegras haven’t signed yet. I see him around 7-8M. Do you think Zegras is way better than Necas? For me, it’s pretty equal so i’m leaning on the Necas side but still not sure! Will rep where i can. Thx

** I just got offer Svechnikov for Necas
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Zegras or Necas??

I like Zegras here.
    I really like the shape of ANA.
    Zegras has no threat of being supplanted from future ANA line 1 or PP1.
    But he also WILL be complimented by great linemates.
    The drafting of Carlsson may allow ANA to push Zegras fulltime to wing - which could help his output.
    And ANA having three very dynamic offensie D-men: Drysdale, Mintyukov, and Zellweger - is going to provide a lot of offense.

Necas & Svech are great players too.
    But CAR is a fairly deep team that flexes players on/off the Aho line and PP1 with Aho.

Point projections, long term:
    90pts Zegras, yes at $8m-ish
    80pts Necas, I'd guess matching $7.75m, after this last $3m year, to the younger Svech
    75pts Svech, $7.75m (good multi-cat player, but not sure if his assist total will be high end)

Dobber Sports Genius

Zegras for me. Bit of a coin flip on Necas and Svechnikov. Zegras should settle in on 8 million per 8 years (my best guess). ^P makes some great points above.

Zegras

Svech/Necas
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Ace

Since neither player is signed to their next long-term contract yet, it's a bit of a guessing game in a cap league. For simplicity, I think we can safely assume that Zegras' contract will be $1-2 million more than Necas', when both are signed this/next summer. If we go with P7's long-term projections, you'll have to decide what is more valuable: 10 points/season or, let's call it $1.5 million in cap space. It's not always the "best player" that is the "best player" in a cap league. I would probably lean toward wanting Necas and the cap space, but, again, we don't know what either player will re-sign for at this point, so maybe Zegas, based on his name value and therefore trade-appeal in the future, is the better pick to make right now.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I like Zegras here.
    I really like the shape of ANA.
    Zegras has no threat of being supplanted from future ANA line 1 or PP1.
    But he also WILL be complimented by great linemates.
    The drafting of Carlsson may allow ANA to push Zegras fulltime to wing - which could help his output.
    And ANA having three very dynamic offensie D-men: Drysdale, Mintyukov, and Zellweger - is going to provide a lot of offense.

Necas & Svech are great players too.
    But CAR is a fairly deep team that flexes players on/off the Aho line and PP1 with Aho.

Point projections, long term:
    90pts Zegras, yes at $8m-ish
    80pts Necas, I'd guess matching $7.75m, after this last $3m year, to the younger Svech
    75pts Svech, $7.75m (good multi-cat player, but not sure if his assist total will be high end)
    This seems like an accurate assessment. I don't know if I'm quite as bullish on Carolina given their style of play but I do agree that Anaheim is setting up well to be a high octane offense.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm wondering exactly whom you're planning on keeping. I think Necas will help a lot more this year, due to cost, and going forward it will be pretty close.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'm wondering exactly whom you're planning on keeping. I think Necas will help a lot more this year, due to cost, and going forward it will be pretty close.
    My 7 keepers so far:
    1.J.Hughes
    2.Nugent-Hopkins
    3.Makar
    4.Dahlin
    5.Seider(still rookie contract)
    6.Hellebuyck
    7.Zegras

I don’t have too much big salaries like other GMs.So, i will probably trade Necas for draft picks and keep Zegras.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    What’s up! For league 2 in my sig, i have to choose between Zegras and Necas for my last keeper…
    Necas at only 3M is pretty good in a cap league and Zegras haven’t signed yet. I see him around 7-8M. Do you think Zegras is way better than Necas? For me, it’s pretty equal so i’m leaning on the Necas side but still not sure! Will rep where i can. Thx

** I just got offer Svechnikov for Necas
    points only, this is damn close to a wash.

I prefer Zegras to Necas long term though.

Hard to pass on that $3M cap hit this year. that'll be 25pts per mil. Really good value
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably want to deal Nugent Hopkins instead of Necas.

He's older, coming off a career year he won't repeat, and could fetch more in return.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Don't trade RNH. He's healthy again and a lock on the best PP in NHL history. That's good for 30 points on its own. Add to the fact that he will play most of the time with one of McDavid or Draisaitl at 5v5 and he's good for 80+ points. With his salary, he's one of the best cap guys to own for at least a few more seasons.

As for Zegras vs Necas. I prefer Necas for this season as he's significantly cheaper but long term I prefer Zegras as the offense should revolve around him a bit more than Necas.

Dobber Sports Newbie

All great points made above. I think what you do depends on a few areas.

1: How close are you to contending this year? Unless you think you have a good shot, I would for sure keep Necas over RNH. 2-3 years down the road you will regret having RNH over Necas. And you should get a haul for RNH in a trade selling someone on McDavid powerplay time. If you are close to contending this year, i begrudgingly agree keeping RNH.

2: Long term I like Zegras's upside more, however, I think Necas has a higher floor. There really isn't a bad choice here, but I tend to prefer to swing for the fences, so Zegras it is. He will cost about 1-2 mil more per season is my guess.
    12 Team - Salary Cap/Minors/Keeper League (5th Year)

🥇🥇 Time Repeat Champion
    🥈 Second Place

Salary Cap $114.7M, 12 Minors, Keep 18 of 22 Active NHL Players

Scoring Cats: G=2, Defence G=3, A=1, Defence A=2, PPP, SOG, Hits, +/-

C: Larkin, Necas, Rantanen, Zibanejad, W. Johnson
    LW: Compher, Ehlers, Nichushkin, Stuzle, Gaudreau
    RW: Duclair, Kakko, Kucherov, Tippet, Fiala
    D: Bouchard, Dunn, Morrissey, Rielly, Addison, Dobson, McAvoy
    G: Gustavsson, Vanecek

Minors: Bordeleau, Lapierre, Phillips, Roy, Brink, Holtz, Smith, Daws, Knight, Woll