Thread: Two offers - Getting my plan in place.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Two offers - Getting my plan in place.

Update in Post #7 of this thread.

League in signature.

Last year was our 1st year and I was able to win it even though I have no experience with dynasty/cap leagues and especially leagues that have almost 2500 owned. I’m used to 10 team, keep 8 leagues. I just tried to draft a team for now and stay under the cap in year 1.

Right now, I am under the cap for 2023-24 by $800,000 and have all my pro players with contracts. We use AAV.

My in-season issue/strategy is to only have 21 pro players and use my other 2 roster spots as a daily rotation of minors resulting in an extra 10-14 more GP for each weekly matchup. To pull that off, I need about an extra 2 million in space (as some of my minors make 1.7 million - Holtz, etc).

Some trades I’m contemplating sending:

• My Zuccerello (6mil but UFA next year and could be a bargain after this year) for Colton (4mil x 4yrs)
    • My Trevor Moore (4.2 x 4yrs) for Tolvanen (1.45 and RFA next yr with the same qualifying offer)

Basically, I want to try and save 2 million but not get hurt too much on the production side.

Do any of these deals look good?

Do you see players in my signature I should try and move to save?

Thank you. I will rep everyone.
    Last edited by BloodSport; July 29, 2023 at 10:29 PM.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Two offers - Getting my plan in place.

I love, love, love your strategy.
    So - totally agree - even if you lose on the straight-up deal, you've got to downgrade a position to clear $2m.

Do.not.trade.Zucc.
    Here's why - He's 35 and he's still awesome.
    So what'll happen here is that he'll play out this $6m contract... and next year he'll sign somewhere for... IDK... maybe $3m - because he's older... and that's how it goes.
    But if he signs for $3m x 3yr... you'll probably get $4m production in that first year, then $3m, then $2m. So hold Zucc and enjoy the lower contract he signs next summer.
    If he likes MIN, he may even extend with them - which would be great given how magic he is with Kaprizov.

Trevor Moore - yes, absolutely move him.
    With PLD signing and Byfield improving... it's possible his minutes get decreased.

Last year he played almost ALL of his minutes on line2 with Danault & Arvidsson. Solid line.
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...L&situation=EV

Well now Dubois is incoming. He'll be C2.
    So what happens?

MAYBE... LA keeps that line together because it was really good (53% SF/CF).
    BUT... it would become their 3rd line.

Maybe they move Lewis & Arvidsson up with Dubois. Maybe it works. Maybe it doesn't.
    LA also has Kaliyev and Byfield and Turcotte all still emerging.

On the PP, he was part of PP2 unit WITH his linemates and Kaliyev (sometimes Byfield in for Arvidsson).
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...L&situation=PP

LA's PP1 was Kopitar/Fiala/Kempe/(VILARDI)/Doughty.
    So... the good news here is a spot on PP1 opens up... probably PLD goes straight-in.
    Again, though, on PP2 - does emerging Byfield, healthy Arvidsson, possibly Turcott squeeze Trevor Lewis.
    It's not a great PP2 unit regardless.

Anyways - yes, for me, definitely move Trevor Moore for Tolvanen... if it's really on the table.
    (Congrats on the Year1 championship!!!)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Like Peng I love that strategy. I would say that if you have an IR, then you can get away with a bit less flexibility at the start.

I do like Colton's propsects, but I think he's more of a question mark versus Zuccarello than Tolvanen is versus Moore. I like Moore a lot relative to his cost, but I think Tolvanen is close enough.

Sicne you're in a 32 team league, players like Vesey are probably fine as last guys, but they're replaceable, but we don't know with whom just yet.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Moore for Tolvanen is worth it for sure. I also think Zuccarello for Colton is a good move as Colton's numbers should greatly improve on an injury filled Avs roster. Ideally, you should be able to get a small add on in the Zucc for Colton deal as one player had 67 points last season after getting 79 the year before while the other one is a 26 year old with a career high of 39 points in a season. That's a big difference.

This was very helpful. Thank you.

stevegamer, I wasn’t able to rep you due to a recent +. The other two guys I did.
    2400+ players owned
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm thinking the consensus here will be Moore for Tolvanen is a solid move. I'm all over that if you can make it happen. You say you want to free up 2 Mil, well, there ya go. Despite age, Zuc just keeps rolling along and I can't see that changing in the next year or two or three. While I like Colton, I just can't see his production being sufficient enough compared to what we can expect from Zuc to justify the additional 2 Mil in CAP savings. Peng has a great point as well, Zuc might be better value for a few more years with a new contract, and in a 32 team dynasty that's something you need to seriously consider.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

I just made two trades today where I was able to get the cap savings I was after.

- Traded Chibrikov, Josh Pillar and a 6th in 2024 for Broberg. This deal added cap to me and also took me down from 2 streaming minors slots on my pro team to 1 as Broberg graduates in 12 games. Not sure about this deal.

- Traded away David Savard and his 3.5 million for Travis Hamonic and his 1.1 million.

I have mixed feelings on the Broberg deal because having 2 streaming spots is a big benefit. I really like Chibrikov, but wanted points now instead on the better upside in the future of Chibrikov.

How do you feel about these deals?
    2400+ players owned
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Deal 2 is good.

A verdict on deal 1 is unknowable right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll be honest, I really don't like that first deal. Chibrikov has intriguing potential and with what's going on in Winnipeg there is every chance that he is a key piece in a rebuilding Jets team skating with the likes of Perfetti, Lucius, McGroarty and others. Broberg, well, he is what he is and his role in Edmonton is not likely to change. Giving up additional assets to acquire Broberg makes this even less palatable for me. That said, maybe Broberg surprises and Chibrikov busts, so who knows for sure.

Like others have stated, I like the second deal. You just want to hope Harmonic can stay healthy, that's a bit of a red flag.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf