Thread: Schmid, Roy or Perron??

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Schmid, Roy or Perron??

Hello guys , i’m doing my prospects draft for league 1 in my sig. I only have 3 picks in this draft ( # 17,60 and 70 ). I was able to grab Nikishin with my 1st pick. Now I’m going for the home run! In this pool, a player must get 70 points + to be valuable or be a starting netminder…
    I’m debating between these 3: Akira Schmid, Joshua Roy or Jayden Perron. I can keep them up to 5 years in my prospects bank. Who would be your choice?? Thx, will rep where I can
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Schmid, Roy or Perron??

im not really fully understanding your minor system and why AS is available and son on...but i would say he is your pick here just cause we at least know he is in NHL...other 2 guys are big of long shot but could also be steals...i drafted Perron in 3 leagues and im high on him, however i would say other 2 are further ahead so my order would be exactly as you listed them but this could all flip in few years.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Now I’m going for the home run! In this pool, a player must get 70 points + to be valuable or be a starting netminder…
    I’m debating between these 3: Akira Schmid, Joshua Roy or Jayden Perron. I can keep them up to 5 years in my prospects bank. Who would be your choice??
    I'm guessing the scoring level for D is less, but still it's Schmid and it's not close. If you're getting him with a #60 pick, that's insane value. He's a potential starting NHL goalie who has gotten as far as the (checks notes) NHL level with (looks again) PLAYOFF starts. He probably would've been my pick at #17 easily.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Another clear vote for Schmid.

All of these three could fizzle out into nothingness, but Schmid has by far the biggest upside.

If NJ decides to not go after Hellebuyck or Gibson, Vanecek isn't too big a roadblick for Schmid. So Schmid could be the starting G for a powerhouse team for years to come. And it could start the upcoming season.

And also if we just look at Schmid individually without taking his great situation into consideration, what he has done is reamarkable, his trajectory is quite unique:
    I'm not sure any other G before him has ever made the jump from the USHL directly to the NHL. Once in the big league he has evolved greatly too, from zero to playoff hero. And lastly he has both the size and to some degree also the pedigree: he was neither a high draft pick nor extremely well known in NA, but has been the backbone of Swiss junior national teams for years. He is a special talent.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Schmid for sure. We've already seen what he can do. IF NJ deals for G then he becomes the backup. He will still get enough starts to keep him relevant. IF they don't deal for a G, then Schmid takes the crease very soon.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Schmid for me... by a lot.

I don't think Perron's game will translate to NHL.
    Basically every NHL GM passed on him in 2nd & 3rd rounds for him to slide to 94.
    It's not like GMs weren't aware of his offensive upside.
    This isn't like a Nikita Kucherov, Sebastian Aho, Jason Robertson drop to mid-2nd round.
    This is a drop to the end of the 3rd round.
    [Brayden Point did fall to #79 overall in 2014... but he played on a TERRIBLE Moose Jaw team and I think it was hard for scouts to measure his two-way game, given he was -27 that year.]
    Perron, who had 48assists, played on a team with a kid named Mack Celebrini.
    And the Chicago Steel were the best team in East of USHL... as usual.

Joshua Roy tore up the Q in his two overage seasons after draft.
    Everybody does this... especially in the Q... (WHL too... and OHL, to a lesser degree).
    It means... not much, to tear up a CHL league as an overager.
    100+pt overagers (take Aaron Luchuk, OHL Spitfires, led OHL in scoring in 17/18) very often don't even pan out in AHL.

Dobber Sports Pro

I just made a trade and was able to grab Schmid! Thanks for the advices guys!
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot