Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Good songs

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Good songs

This is great guys…I love hearing new music…keep it coming boys…awesome just awesome this was my hope when I started this post.

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's going back 20 years or so, but I've suddenly found myself listening to O.A.R.'s live album Any Time Now pretty much on a loop. Guess there's just a summertime jam vibe to it.

"About Mr. Brown" and "That Was a Crazy Game of Poker" in particular are getting worn out while walking through the city.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fade To Black - Metallica….beautiful song

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Slippin’ Away - Hypocrisy

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Buried in oblivion - Into Eternity

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sullen Days - Suffocation

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Jamming I’d love to change the world.,,dude that’s a good jam eh?
    Yes indeed, great jam. And to your other post, the name is a moniker from another forum I used visit when I did drag race, good catch! When I signed up here a few years ago I couldn't think of anything clever so just went with what I know lol. Don't even race anymore, that is the funny part. Used to have a Trans Am with full bolt on's, cam, and nitrous. Was a fun car.
    10 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    2020 Runner Up, 2021 Champion, 2022 Champion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    Yes indeed, great jam. And to your other post, the name is a moniker from another forum I used visit when I did drag race, good catch! When I signed up here a few years ago I couldn't think of anything clever so just went with what I know lol. Don't even race anymore, that is the funny part. Used to have a Trans Am with full bolt on's, cam, and nitrous. Was a fun car.
    Haha I knew it! Nobody puts 1320 without meaning drag racing. That’s sic man…what year of trans am? I had a 71 Vega with a 290hp 350 crate motor…like the most basic you can get…so consistent though that car would run 12.70s all day all I had to do was cut a light! Then I sold it and bought a 1974 Mustang II Faux Cobra …had t-tops and a 347 Stroker with aluminum heads…shoulda been fast but the motor was toast ahhh dumb decision to sell the Vega.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by DangerCat View Post
    Haha I knew it! Nobody puts 1320 without meaning drag racing. ThatÂ’s sic manÂ…what year of trans am? I had a 71 Vega with a 290hp 350 crate motorÂ…like the most basic you can getÂ…so consistent though that car would run 12.70s all day all I had to do was cut a light! Then I sold it and bought a 1974 Mustang II Faux Cobra Â…had t-tops and a 347 Stroker with aluminum headsÂ…shoulda been fast but the motor was toast ahhh dumb decision to sell the Vega.
    2000, had the LS1 in it. On the spray I put over 600 to the rear wheels. Problem for me was hooking up. I sold it before I got to put in my next mod, a moser 9”. All that power means jack if you canÂ’t put it to the ground!

Seen some wicked fast Vegas over the years. Love the 350 block, they just go and go and go. My first ever car was a 72 Chevelle with a 350 stroker (383).

I used to love to drive to some particular songs, get free by the vines, would Alice In Chains, and black label society stillborn.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post
    2000, had the LS1 in it. On the spray I put over 600 to the rear wheels. Problem for me was hooking up. I sold it before I got to put in my next mod, a moser 9”. All that power means jack if you canÂ’t put it to the ground!

Seen some wicked fast Vegas over the years. Love the 350 block, they just go and go and go. My first ever car was a 72 Chevelle with a 350 stroker (383).

I used to love to drive to some particular songs, get free by the vines, would Alice In Chains, and black label society stillborn.
    Man I absolutely love 2000 Trans Ams…an absolutely gorgeous car. There was one at our track…guy was spraying too and she went let me tell you…I think 9s…yes 100% man power is great but if you can’t hook it up it’s nothing a guy in a 1990 5.0L mustang will take us haha.

The 350 is probably one of the best motors ever made..it’s akin to the ford 302 and dodge’s 318. There are some fast Vega’s but my favourite car I got to see…I think it was a beige 1979 Ford Fairmont…he painted the weld wheels black so it looked like a total sleeper…goes out there and all of a sudden something is spooling…his damn twin turbos and he goes and runs an 8.30 like fricken ridiculous coolest car ever. Also a 1990 Ford Mustang…street legal I seen him on the street before…runs in the high 7s car isn’t even tubbed…small tire car..unreal. Love race cars man guys make some pretty cool cars .

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I've listened to Baby Got Back multiple times in the last 24 hours.

Also, I may have drafted Daniil But.
    Lol.

Dobber Sports Icon

Thumbs up to OAR. Crazy game of poker is one of my all-time favorite songs. You should listen to the concert from MSG.

I will add the song Strong by the Arkells and in fact all of their Blink Once album and pretty much everything they do. If you know someone going through a medical battle, this album can be played on repeat.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Boys Fred Eaglesmith - Water In the Fuel I cannot stress enough how good this song is…also a new candidate for most metal song title..can’t believe I forgot Autopsy- Twisted Mass Of Burnt Decay -Heavy and fast almost unmatchable ..the death metal bands in this age follow a formula..lots of incredibly talented guitar players and a tried and true riff factory that has become cold and boring…(black dahlia murder, newer suffocation, even newer cryptopsy, newer cannibal corpse, almost all Kataklysm, like I could buy a post 2000 death metal album and I’m certain I know exactly what’d sound like. Polished guitar riffs, gross lyrics, the same Cookie Monster vocals for the last 25 years..ugh anyone know of some fresh bands likeAutopsy? Old Cannibal Corpse? Old Suffocation? Winter was more death doom but so sick, I really liked my dying bride even their clean vocal songs they became original and it was fricken awesome. This is what made me love death metal in the first place..the heaviness, the unpredictability, filthy riffs, anything but dammit 2000s death metal which has become an industry which was the very thing death metal used to fight against! Death Strike - Fu**in’ Death…like just so sick visceral, unpredictable…the band Death BEFORE Chuck dies was literally amazing. Anyone know more bands that were extreme but original or even left extremity so they could be original? Gotta give props to slipknot that coulda kept making the same trash but put out some heart wrenching songs…I know this isn’t popular among the death metal crowd but so what they became original…Corey Taylor actually had a heart..don’t get me wrong their self titled is killer but what were they gonna do after that make the same album 17 times? Only so many times you can tell about everyone else being sick. I always liked Korn they had some nice anger yet kept it fairly original. Definitely not death metal either ( slipknot and korn are nu-metal) but they were fresh until Jonathan Davis lost that anger that made them so killer…when he lost that which for his heart im glad, their music died..music is secondary to his suffering. But this is what happens..freshness bands come in and they are just that fresh. People flock to them and they make money..then companies try to get them to duplicate what was originally written out of heartache and pain. This is the one reason I liked metal was people usually stayed real but where money is it talks and death metal became an industry too. I love original stuff. Am I rambling or what do you think Dobber World?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also Metallica is a perfect example I mean they were sick and for a reason….they were fricken unreal I mean lol ok at ride the lightning got even included a heart wrenching song….Fade To Black…even the black album which was a bit of a sell out yet damn it was pretty darn good “sell out”. But look what happened they lost the edge that made them real and relatable…people buy Metallica albums still thinking they’re so heavy and real but after the black album they became an industry. Honestly if you liked 80s thrash Metallica themselves became an industry..and honestly so did slayer though slayer stayed far more true to their roots they still put out some boring stinkers. Bands lose that edge that made them great…hard being a band because you either risk making the same album over and over again and you still lose the edge or you make more industry friendly albums and they may sound good but you still lose that edge..one band/man I say is the exception has been Michael ackerfeld of Opeth…started as some strange death/doom and is now doomy folk? Still heavy, still completely original and yet is putting out quality music with every release…every album is an adventure..yet he’s never once gone away from what made him special which was his originality and musicianship…check out Opeth-The drapery Falls, then check out - Opeth - in my Time Of need..you’d never guess it’s the same band yet in a way you would this is the musical genius of this man…I’m not even a huge Opeth fan but now that I think about it they truly are one of those bands that do not ever get stale… unreal..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Gojira is another amazing band….the Heaviest Matter Is one of my favourites yet all their new stuff is good too.