Thread: Fantilli vs Michkov; who are you taking?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Fantilli vs Michkov; who are you taking?

I haven’t seen a Fantilli vs Michkov thread yet…

I have the 2nd overall pick for my team in sig and I can’t decide who I’m going to take yet between both guys.

What’s your take on both prospects and who would you want here.

Many thanks in advance, will rep where I can!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Fantilli vs Michkov; who are you taking?

I guess it's a preference thing. If you want consistency and a safe pick then Fantilli is your guy. If you want a possible 40-50 goal scorer with crazy talent then I'd go Michkov. Personally, I was one of those guys who drafted and waited for KK, so I will do the same here. MM should be KK in about 2-3 years.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally, I still prefer Carlsson to both but if we're simply talking Fantilli vs Michkov, I'd go with Fantilli. In a few years, my tune might change once Michkov gets to NA, but until then, I'll go with the guy who is here. It's not like Fantilli was that far off from Michkov so it's not a big stretch one way or the other.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

If you know your league, and think you can pull this off, would taking Fantilli and then in a yr or two flipping him for Michkov be a path that's available?

I have guys in my league that I could 100% do this, but I have guys who wouldn't want that at all.

If you take Fantilli, you can likely move him for Michkov, I don't know if you could do the reverse. I'd be listening on a trade for going down in the draft though and having others make the decision for you.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I will pick 3rd so i will most likely not have the choice. So i am taking whoever is left of those two. I'd probably pick michkov 2nd and fantilli 3rd though
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Giant

It’s possible but really not sure. The team picking 3rd and even the one at 4th are all rebuilding and can afford to wait. My team can be ready when Michkov arrives but can also benefit from a solid centre now…

I’m still really undecided so I’ll see if anyone else chimes in but truly appreciate all the feedback!!
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If you know your league, and think you can pull this off, would taking Fantilli and then in a yr or two flipping him for Michkov be a path that's available?

I have guys in my league that I could 100% do this, but I have guys who wouldn't want that at all.

If you take Fantilli, you can likely move him for Michkov, I don't know if you could do the reverse. I'd be listening on a trade for going down in the draft though and having others make the decision for you.

Not really what you are saying here, but the same manager has 1.3 and 1.4 and can move 1.4 and Peterka or Lambert for my 1.2

He claims he would take Fantilli and Carlson but I don’t trust him (maybe I could put a clause worst case)…

Still leaning towards Fantilli but man oh man am I torn…

Minors:

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Honestly... there's benefits and downsides to each player, from what I've read:

#2 ANA: Carlsson - lowest upside, lowest risk, some analysts say his hockeyIQ is high-end, ANA has GREAT stockpile of puckmoving D. Some of his offense might be smushed by him working on two-way game.
    #3 CBJ: Fantilli - high upside, moderate risk, some analysts say his hockeyIQ is low, CBJ had best supporting cast of forwards to support Fantilli. Pure puck skills & pace might be most NHL-ready.
    #7 PHI: Michkov - highest upside, highest risk, two-way game is weak and could land him in doghouse here/there. Team (PHI) itself will be major TBD if/when player comes over

I have a #3 pick in a league (WHL) and honestly am still deciding.
    As somebody who really values "smart" unsexy players, I'd love to have Carlsson.
    As somebody that likes to have a player in best supporting clubhouse/opportunity, Fantilli (CBJ) has it best.
    As a Flyer fan, I'd love to have Michkov.

#3 is nice pick... one will be removed from me, so I'll have 50/50 shot on grabbing the "right" guy at my pick.

The choice CAN be league dependent.
    If you are in a league where FOW have huge value or high-end centers are key or where you just don't want to "miss"... probably Carlsson
    If you are in a league and sort of in win-now, production-now mode... definitely Fantilli (who I think will get most usage and possibly wing time).
    If you are in a league where you want to tank some more or stash prospects until they are closer to "mature"... then definitely Michkov wait-time works.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Not really what you are saying here, but the same manager has 1.3 and 1.4 and can move 1.4 and Peterka or Lambert for my 1.2
    I'd likely take the deal and pick Peterka of the two add ins, or try for both.

My reasoning:

1. There are 3 guys seen as roughly equal options for the number 2-4 picks.
    2. You're torn as to whom you should take at #2.

This gives you a solid young prospect in the NHL already, and one of those 3 guys.

I like Peng's analysis, of ocurse, and you can use that as well, but I'm 100% on trading down and adding Peterka.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Administrator

In your league I'd go for Fantilli. He should be strong in the peripherals with a high offensive upside and making an immediate impact.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So I have the same issue here.. 2oa pick, and am usually a big risk taker in my trades/picks.. it won me the league last year which was nice (also, my 1st win in the league since 2013 lol). I also have a pro-Flyers bias. I'm not worried about the wait etc.. just want the best player/upside. Being a cap/dynasty league (I can hold prospects on the farm) deferring the ELC isn't the worst thing either.

G A PPP SOG BLK HIT PIM SHP

Do I take the swing on Michkov at 2 or take the safer bet in Fantilli/Carlsson?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Probably Michkov with those categories, if having a 0stat player somewhere on roster doesn't hurt you for his Russia-wait.
    Fantilli second.
    Carlsson 3rd.

Carlsson, I do believe will be the weakest multi-cat (non-FOW) player by a good bit.

Dobber Sports Ace

I prefer Michkov’s upside, but multiple analysts say Fantilli would go number one in the past few drafts, and he landed in a good spot with solid wingers.

Considering everything happening with the Ukraine war and U.S./Russia relations, I absolutely think there will be a time in the next 2-3 years that have Michkov owners uncertain he will ever come over. In my opinion, that is the time to try and swoop him up if you can.