Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: [Trade] PLD to Kings

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Rumor : PLD to Kings

Quote Originally Posted by lusshouse View Post
    You have to be from here to understand I guess.

For a long period of time, it wasn't such as left-wing vs right-wing debates in our politics : it was 'separatism' vs 'Canada'. Political parties, columnists, etc. The province was split mostly in half (the last referendum to get out of Canada was 51-49%).

The debate then became obsolete after the 1995 'loss/victory', until recently. With the mass of migrants coming from around the world, political debates are more and more around nationalism, just like everywhere, except here, it brings back sovereignty discussions.

One of the most influencial media outlet here is... the main broadcaster of NHL (TVASports) and potential future owner of the Nordiques if they ever come back.

You'll understand that it's the reason why, year after year, we hear complains about lack of French Canadian players on the Habs, blaming it on Molson (a true Canadian), hoping a Nordique return (owned by French Canadians) would reignite national pride about our French players, etc.

It's more complex than that, and I hope I did my best to summarize a complex situation.

Just a recent example of this "propaganda" B.S. we have to deal with. Every. Time.

https://www.journaldequebec.com/2023...u-alex-newhook

To sum it up if translating is an issue, Habs dealt 31st + 37th for Newhook, and this reporter claims we would have drafted Gauthier 31st and Morin 37th, and that it's a proof that the Canadiens are not interested in "obtaining the best French Canadians".

He even admits haven't seen Newhook play, and that a top scout told him it was a solid trade, he still persists by asking "what if" and showing examples of everytime we drafted a non-French player, and that a French player taken shortly after succeeded.

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, Korpisalo, Woll
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, Nelson, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Pionk Brannstrom Peru
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Hyman Malkin Lindholm Zucc Giroux Marchmant Hartman Bjorkstrand Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Brink Poulin Perreault Cristall

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: [Trade] PLD to Kings

Six months later and 30 games in, how are we feeling about PLD's ability to be a fantasy contributor? Anyone have insight on what's up with him?

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Six months later and 30 games in, how are we feeling about PLD's ability to be a fantasy contributor? Anyone have insight on what's up with him?
    I drafted him fairly high in my multi-cat league since he was LW/C eligible which is invaluable for leagues that count FOWs and started the season off in favourable lineup arrangements on line 2 with Fiala and on PP1 after Arvidsson got hurt.

Unfortunately, he is riding the bench on my fantasy team. He is on PP2 with Byfield taking his PP1 spot (Kopitar Kempe Fiala Byfield Doughty) and Fiala was taken off his line to play with Danault and Moore. As a result, PLD is on Line 2B/3 with Laferriere and Kaliyev primarily.

Definitely disappointed in the return considering his production in Winnipeg last year. It would be easy to just assume he's now 'slacking' again since he got his big contract. In my view, some players just need more time to adjust to their new team but LA is ridic deep so they dont need to rely on him.

In multi-cat he could be worth waiting and seeing. In points-only i highly doubt he even breaks 55 points this season at this rate
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Wizard

i was never a fan tbh, i find him very overwhelming and even when he produced in Winnipeg i never believed in his ability to becoming much more than mediocre at any time in his carrier. So as you can see i dont have much time for PLD or his game. And yet even I did not expect him to be this bad...something must be wrong. I think this is more of a bad slump than a terrible player. I think he will turn it around but i would not expect 70 point guys that covers all cats.

i think 50-60 points is where his norm will be from now on so just a solid contributor but nothing more.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Should we take guesses on how long it takes before he demands another trade?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

One view is to look at his stats and say "Woof".
    Another view is to look at how deep and well-built for the playoffs the Kings are... and say "Oh my."
    The big knock on LA, previous to this year, was "Is Philip Danault really an NHL C2?".

In 29gp, he does have 10esp... that's not awful.
    He hasn't click on PP2 so having just 1ppp (compared to 21ppp w/WPG last year) is a big statistical drop.
    LA is a 3+ line team...
    WPG was a 2 line team.

PLD seemed unhappy being on "bad" teams that didn't have a real shot at being a Stanley Cup contender.
    I haven't heard any squeaks of him being unhappy.

[I'm sure he's not pleased with his team low -5... that IS pretty brutal... given this team. I haven't had a chance to fine-analyze that... it would be an interesting dive.]

He's playing on a new team with a new system.
    As a comparable... one could go look at Joe Pavelski's first year with Dallas and decide if they would've labeled him right at any points in that Year1 with DAL.
    And then... JoePa clicked with Hintz & J-Rob...

Patience...

The Great One

When I see him and what he's done, the names I'm reminded of, who were also very early picks, are David Legwand, Steven Weiss and, in particular, Kyle Turris. I think that like them he will have some seasons where he's good, but to me he just doesn't look like he's going to be able to put together the pieces of the puzzle required to be a top tier player.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/