Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Trade] PLD to Kings

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default [Trade] PLD to Kings

Per TVA Sports, RDS, LA are in front of the parade to get PLD…

Vilardi and Iafallo are in the mix to get Dubois.

I think I would choose also LA before Montreal…
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Rumor : PLD to Kings

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Per TVA Sports, RDS, LA are in front of the parade to get PLD…

Vilardi and Iafallo are in the mix to get Dubois.

I think I would choose also LA before Montreal…
    I'd say this is more about what LA is willing to offer compared to other teams (Habs included) than where PLD wants to go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Not gonna get a big return for PLD.
    He's had a problem everywhere he's played
    Not much a " team" guy I am guessing.
    I dont know, feel like its more bad than good with this player.

CAN-AM National Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM United Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Memorial Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Hockey Association - 1st year

Dobber Sports Stud

It’s tough for me to accept that the Kings will give up Vilardi for one year of PLD. I say this because if he’s just going to bolt to the Habs next summer, Vilardi is way too much. I could see it if he signs an extension with the Kings…

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'd say this is more about what LA is willing to offer compared to other teams (Habs included) than where PLD wants to go.
    Sounds like he wants to go there as they are working on an extension.

That LA C depth is going to be absurd this year.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    It’s tough for me to accept that the Kings will give up Vilardi for one year of PLD. I say this because if he’s just going to bolt to the Habs next summer, Vilardi is way too much. I could see it if he signs an extension with the Kings…
    PLD has been given permission to talk extension before a trade goes down so it won't be for one year, if it happens.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

As long as he doesn’t end up in Boston, I don’t care.

I don’t understand why so many people are still gaga over this kid who hasn’t lived up to his potential production-wise, has been miserable wherever he went (to be fair that is Columbus and Winnipeg, so somewhat justified), and consistently comes off as a spoiled brat.

LA can have him, or better yet he goes to Montreal and displaces one of the promising young Cs they have and drags them down.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Monster

Kopitar
    Dubois
    Danault

m2i8m2Z5b1K9d3d3.jpeg

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's pretty good player, and has definitely better than the guy who people thought Columbus should've taken at #3 overall in Puljujarvi.

I think that he's so focused on playing for Montreal that it's a hindrance. How long before he balks in his next destination?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

As a Dubois owner, does going to LA improve his value? I got to think it doesn't.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    As a Dubois owner, does going to LA improve his value? I got to think it doesn't.
    not sure it really changes anything for him....but i do think it hinders Byfield a bit which bugs me...at very least it will push him to the wing for good
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Kopitar
    Dubois
    Danault

m2i8m2Z5b1K9d3d3.jpeg
    Dubois will be the apparent Kopitar replacement but he will fall short. Kopitar has one year left on his contract but one wonders how many productive seasons he has left and if he resigns for a significant discount after 2024. LA is barely keeping up with the centermen arms race with top teams even if this deal goes through.

Dobber Sports Stud

What this is telling me is either Dubois is bluffing wanting to go to LA to get Montreal desperate to make a better offer, or that Montreal just doesn't want him. He's a very good player, not that any team wouldn't want him (even with the bad reputation which I think will go away when he finally goes where he wants to) but his price tag is gonna be in the high 8mil to low 9mil. The Habs don't want to do that. That's the problem here, which is why Dubois is probably realizing that if he wants to get paid, he's gonna have to give up on his dream of playing for the Habs.
    LA is gonna be scary good next year - I think they're a major darkhorse for the cup. I am sure they will also add one of the top goalies available. Not sure they'll be able to afford both Hellebucyk and Dubois, but they could make a play for Saros or maybe even Markstrom if he waives his NTC.

GET WELL SOON, DOBBER.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    What this is telling me is either Dubois is bluffing wanting to go to LA to get Montreal desperate to make a better offer, or that Montreal just doesn't want him. He's a very good player, not that any team wouldn't want him (even with the bad reputation which I think will go away when he finally goes where he wants to) but his price tag is gonna be in the high 8mil to low 9mil. The Habs don't want to do that. That's the problem here, which is why Dubois is probably realizing that if he wants to get paid, he's gonna have to give up on his dream of playing for the Habs.
    LA is gonna be scary good next year - I think they're a major darkhorse for the cup. I am sure they will also add one of the top goalies available. Not sure they'll be able to afford both Hellebucyk and Dubois, but they could make a play for Saros or maybe even Markstrom if he waives his NTC.
    He's pretty much what Montreal needs; center and size. My best guess is Montreal isn't willing to give up the assets Winnipeg wants compared to what LA is willing to offer. That or the Jets must like the options coming back from LA more, which doesn't surprise me if Vilardi is part of the package. A young, natural center who got shifted to the wing to find his spot in the NHL. Vilardi had 4 less goals than Dubois last year and played in 10 less games.

I also expect Dubois' next contract to come in under $8M but that's just a guess. I'm guessing 5yrs $7.5M per.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I usually agree to 99% of your posts, but I have to disagree on this one.

Habs aren't a PLD away from being a Cup Contender. Dealing away a Guhle + Dach for Dubois isn't what they need. Also, Dubois isn't Tier 0 (McDavid) and not a Tier 1 either (Matthews, MacKinnon, etc.). He's probably in the same tier as Suzuki, but a different style of player.

Also, I'd be very surprised if PLD earns less than 8M. He's represented by Brisson and he's not one to give gifts for his clients. From 8 to 10M is the type of money these guys get paid.

Dubois to MTL has been a bad idea since it started last year. Dubois as a UFA? Yes. Giving assets for him? Nope.

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, Korpisalo, Woll
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, Nelson, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Pionk Brannstrom Peru
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Hyman Malkin Lindholm Zucc Giroux Marchmant Hartman Bjorkstrand Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Brink Poulin Perreault Cristall