Thread: Veto

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Veto

I\'m just wondering what you guys think of this trade and if its total shit.

Team A gets Sakic and AULD and 6th round pick
    TEAM B gets Rolston and ERAT and 2nd round pick
    in a very important end contract draft year.

Team A trades ERat WHO HE got in the first place from TEAM B for his 3rd pick. And Rolston was Team A\'s best player last year besides Brodeur and Giguerre...reason for the trade I suppose.

But the picks are just ridiculous.
    Sakic has bad back and could retire as soon as mid season.......the way things are going. Auld is a career backup goalie who Team B picked off the waiver wire a week ago.
    The NHL should go back to being the NHL. If we want all these ***** rule changes then why not call in the European Hockey League. Monster hits and fighting are a huge part of hockey and it should be kept that way.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Veto

Knowing the scoring system would help, but I think this might be really close.

At his age I don\'t peg Sakic for much more than 70 and Erat could hit that in a good year.

In NJ I don\'t Rolston ever sees the happy side of 60. I don\'t know how your G scoring works, but this looks like a gamble by someone who thinks Auld might steal the starting role away from Gerber...stranger things have happened.

Sakic is likely the best player involved in the deal so that side gives the higher draft pick.

Knowing your scoring could change my opinion and you alluded to contract status that I don\'t profess to understand. On the surface this seems really close to me.

Edit...I see your karma going down...just know it\'s not me.

Why the fuss?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Veto

I don\'t like this trade. Its really one sided but unless you are pretty sure that the players are working together to cheat, you\'ve got to allow it. I know unbalanced trades are hurt the rest of the teams in the league but its part of the game. If Florida makes a terrible trade with, say Vancouver, it has to be allowed even though it will screw Florida. The only way the league would stop it was if they knew they were working together to cheat the rest of the league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Veto

They aren\'t cheating. Team B is just the master of ripping people off. regular goalie categories nothing special.
    The NHL should go back to being the NHL. If we want all these ***** rule changes then why not call in the European Hockey League. Monster hits and fighting are a huge part of hockey and it should be kept that way.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Veto

I wouldn\'t think this be a deal worth a VETO. The team acquiring Sakic and Auld are giving up a good player in Erat and a great PP goal producer in Rolston. They are also giving up a 2nd rounder. I don\'t mind the deal.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Veto

It\'s not as bad as it looks.

Sakic Auld and a 6th for Rolston Erat and a 2nd

If Auld runs with the number 1 spot in Ottawa for a while, there\'s nothing wrong with this. If he falls flat on his face next week, then it looks awful.

By the same token what if Sakic can\'t come back from the back injury till January; or Erat breakes his leg and is on the shelf til the playoffs.

Part of the thing about trading is speculating what players will do. What we can\'t control is how the players will do. Injuries, trades, slumps, marriage problems all affect what happens.

Bottom line, on face value, this isn\'t a trade worth vetoing.

Just my $.02
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Veto

Sakic will have the most points come the end of the year. I really dont see a problem with this trade. Certainly nothing to merit discussing a veto.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Veto

Again , without knowing the scoring format i do\'nt see how this would even be considered for a veto.In most pools goalies are very valuable and with the injuries to some , as well as the bad play of some others Auld may turn out to be the best player in this deal.He could become the clear #1 in Ottawa with a little luck ; I for one would\'nt mind having the #1 goalie for the Sens!.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Veto

I agree not worthy of VETo, not sure why I wrote that. I\'m surprised with the turn out of responses!!! sometimes I write important messages and no responses. This time I write an assclown comment and millions show up. what gives? (no don\'t answer)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Veto

Lopsided yes. Veto worthy no.
    8tm Dynasty Lg - $82M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C- Stamkos,J. Staal, Weiss
    Rw- Nash , St. Louis
    Lw- Ovechkin,Marleau
    Util- R. Clowe, Burrows, Grabovski , Riberio
    D- Goligoski, Carlson,Beiksa, Kronwall
    G- Fleury, Luongo

Default Veto

Lopsided yes. Veto worthy no.
    8tm Dynasty Lg - $82M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C- Stamkos,J. Staal, Weiss
    Rw- Nash , St. Louis
    Lw- Ovechkin,Marleau
    Util- R. Clowe, Burrows, Grabovski , Riberio
    D- Goligoski, Carlson,Beiksa, Kronwall
    G- Fleury, Luongo

Default Veto

It IS lopsided, but unless you\'re completely conviced that they\'re conspiring to stack one players team, you gotta let it go. One key part of pools is being a tricksy little hobbit and swindling people into trades that benefit you.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Veto

Since when has \"fairness\" been the standard of a veto?

Trades should only ever be vetoed if they are a result of collusion. There is no evidence of collusion. The trade should stand.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi