Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First Buy-out Window June 16 through 30 - General Discussion Thread

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default First Buy-out Window June 16 through 30 - General Discussion Thread

Hey All,
    With the season officially over, I saw that the first buyout window is going to be open from June 16 through 30.

I've honestly have heard very little thus far on potential buyouts, so wanted to create this thread to see what people may or may not believe are targets.

My thoughts... Montreal has a good target with Hoffman, Vancouver has Myers, Islanders have Bailey...

Am I missing any other obvious player?
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

The Great One

Default Re: First Buy-out Window June 16 through 30 - General Discussion Thread

I looked at the list of buyouts over the last five seasons and not many have rebounded. I agree that a buyout qualifies as fantasy news; however, the chances of a bought out player being impactful elsewhere is low.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Kailer Yamamoto in Edmonton is a buyout candidate

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Flyers buyout options:

Using CapFriendly for all results here, and links provided. I'd like to thank Chuck Fletcher for my ability to make this post.

1. Nic Deslauriers (signed last year for 4 years at 1.75M cap hit with a partial NTC)
    https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-c...as-deslauriers
    Buyout saves 1.66M overall, with savings heavily frontloaded.
    That term & NTC makes him a possible buyout.

2. Anthony DeAngelo (signed last year for 2 years at 5M cap hit)
    https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-c...thony-deangelo
    Buyout saves 1.66M overall, and it's only a 2 year deal.
    If they want the cap room this year it makes some sense, however he's only got 1 year left, so it would make more sense to trade him later and get something for him.

3. Cal Petersen (signed to his contract by LA)
    https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-c...r/cal-petersen
    Buyout saves 2.33M overall, and 4.8M is in 24-25, the other 3 years are cap costs, but this year is a small cap cost under 200k.
    I have no idea if they think he's a potential starter or not. I'd prefer to buy him out and keep Hart, but I don't think that's going to happen, as Hart has enough value to net them a couple of second rounders at least.

4. Kevin Hayes (signed for 7 years at 7.14 M cap hit before the 2019-20 season with a partial NTC)
    https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-c...or/kevin-hayes
    Buyout saves 4.83M overall over 6 years, and 4.88M this year, the other 5 years essentially net to zero, with 24-25 & 25-26 being savings, the last 3 years being costs.

I don't think that they should buy out Hayes this year. Buying him out next year in this window means they still save in 24-25 & 25-2, but only have 2 years of future issues. He's solid, just overpaid.

5. Rasmus Ristolainen (signed last year for 5 years at 5.1M cap hit)
    https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-c...us-ristolainen
    Buyout saves 7.16M overall over 8 years. First 4 years bounce between 2.2M and 4.7M in savings, the last 4 years are hits of 1.8M each.
    No idea what to do here.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

For cap league considerations I’d like to see Toronto buy out Murray. I believe he’s also eligible to be bought out in the second window because I see the sense in waiting to see what they can get done with Samsonov.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

The names I just read on an article on The Athletic as potential buyout candidates include:

Yamamoto
    Suter
    Mike Reilly (BOS)
    Granlund
    Murray
    Mantha
    Driedger
    Scandella
    Nemeth
    OEL
    Boeser
    Garland

Now clearly, this is just speculation, but I wont be surprised to see a couple bought out.

As an Oilers fan, I can see Yamamoto as a potential candidate but you have to think there's someone out there willing to gamble on his upside too in a trade, but we'll see. He's still young and does have a 20G season under his belt already. Worst case scenario, his buyout situation is extremely favorable due to his age (under 26 means it's only 1/3 against the cap) and clears up $2.66M in cap space for Holland.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I've read that a few of the names above won't be bought out (now plans do change), so don't get your hopes up on Hoffman, Mantha, Hayes, Suter. It definitely sounds like Yamamoto will though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

man the Canucks are in a bad spot
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    man the Canucks have been in and continue to be in the same bad spot they've been in since the Sedins retired
    That seems about right
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    man the Canucks are in a bad spot
    It could be worse. As a Flyers fan, I'd love to have either Boeser or Garland at their current contracts versus that list I posted above.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

I think Boston is gonna buy out Reilly

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Uncle Lou said it could be the end of his time with the Isles when referencing Bailey during his end of season presser which was just a few weeks ago .

Bailey expressed displeasure in being scratched for the playoffs and for some regular season stretches too .

I believe last time I checked Baileys cap hit for buyout was around 2.66 in 23-24 and 1.66 in 24-25

Dobber Sports Monster

Mitchell Miller is coming up as a buyout candidate for Boston as well.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Here's the first one:

"There is word this afternoon that Vancouver will buy out Oliver Ekman-Larsson. He will be an unrestricted free agent."

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...97150677409810
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Here's the first one:

"There is word this afternoon that Vancouver will buy out Oliver Ekman-Larsson. He will be an unrestricted free agent."

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...97150677409810
    That's a lot of dimp!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg