Thread: Montour for Byfield

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Fiala for Byfield

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I finished 1 spot outside of playoffs and now I think I’ll start making some win now moves. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C- Aho, Eichel, Pettterson, Norris, , Gourde, Barkov

LW-, Landeskog, Mangiapane,
    Laine, Mittelstad, Hintz and Guadreau

RW- Roy, Tanev, Nylander, Keller and Nichuskinin

D- Dahlin, Makar, Morgan Rielly , McAvoy, Ristolainen, Savard , Adam Larsson and Poink

G- Demko, Samsonov( IR )

Picks- 1st overall, 33rd overall and 40th overall

Prospects- Grigori Denesenko , Ozzie Wiesblatt , Riley Kidney , Quinton Byfield , T.Bourdeleau, B.Brisson, Jacob Perriault, Danila Yurov, Fydor Svechkov, Hienola Nikishin, Mallioux and Livingstone + spot start players ( 150 games max )

My opinion- This team is one of the top teams in the league and I don’t see how I finish outside of the top 4.

Trade is simple My Byfield for his Montour.

Who do you guys take?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Montour for Byfield

I don't think I would. Montour has one more year on his Florida deal, and then he'll be a free agent. He's not the kind of guy who is guaranteed to be the PP1 QB wherever he goes.

You have to look at it as paying Byfield for one more year of Montour's current production level, and even that one year is not guaranteed if FLA wants a fully-healthy Ekblad to get back on the first team. I'd want to see if Montour signs a long term deal with Florida first before making a big dynasty move for him. The chances are substantial that after next year, Montour becomes a 2nd PP d-man again and turns back into a 40-50 point player with reduced ice time.

Dobber Sports Ace

I still prefer Byfield’s upside.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

The Great One

No.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Icon

i own QB and would not even entertain this offer...
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

What if I could flip Montour for Adam Fox ( pretty brutal Perephials so he’s on market )

Administrator

Byfield for Fox is closer to the realm of acceptable given Fox's lengthy track record of production, but I'm not sure in a league with FOW I am trading Byfield without getting a C or ideally a winger who contributes in FOW.

Would be a flat no on Montour. I wouldn't want to buy at the height of his value.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Byfeld for Fox is reasonable, but you need to make it a 3 team deal so that the Fox owner doesn't back out. You don't want to be holding the bag on Montour.

Byfeld/Fox
    Montour

I bet you can get Montour cheaper, honestly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Wow I’m surprised about the lack of love for Montour he’s getting huge minutes still in playoffs and next year is his contract years so I’m personally expecting career highs.

But I do agree Byfield will be a beast

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    Wow I’m surprised about the lack of love for Montour he’s getting huge minutes still in playoffs and next year is his contract years so I’m personally expecting career highs.

Montour could easily repeat this year's numbers next year. But for me the issue is what are you looking at in 2024-25 and beyond? How confident are you that he'll be given massive minutes and be the #1 power play defenseman?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post

I don't expect the forum to be right all of the time but for the most part there's a sound rationale behind the advice that is given by the most knowledgeable people. In this case there are 2 concerns about Montour;

1. He doesn't have the pedigree that would allow one to presume that this year isn't anomalous and that his expectation going forward should be tempered accordingly. and then...
    2. Tying into 1, you'd be paying the highest market value for him at this point. Investing 101 says that is not a good way to invest.

Byfield is a good enough asset that you shouldn't be risking that much to invest in something that may only yield a 70% return.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I don't expect the forum to be right all of the time but for the most part there's a sound rationale behind the advice that is given by the most knowledgeable people. In this case there are 2 concerns about Montour;

1. He doesn't have the pedigree that would allow one to presume that this year isn't anomalous and that his expectation going forward should be tempered accordingly. and then...
    2. Tying into 1, you'd be paying the highest market value for him at this point. Investing 101 says that is not a good way to invest.

Byfield is a good enough asset that you shouldn't be risking that much to invest in something that may only yield a 70% return.
    That is sound rationale thankyou for your input