Thread: Brock Boeser

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Brock Boeser

What does everyone predict for Brock Boeser the next few seasons? He's available as a cap dump in my 31 team dynasty league and I have the cap room to add him. Will he be worth his salary?

My team missed the playoffs last season so I am trying to reload for this season.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Brock Boeser

I like Boeser a lot but I'm afraid he's at least 1-1.5 mil overpaid. For his production you want to be ~5mil range. That being said, it looks like you have the space to take a chance on him. If he gives you 65+ points I think you're happy. If he has another middling season I'd move on from him. There could be worse cap dumps available!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In a 31 team league, I think you likely need to take so guys who are a bit overpaid. I think he's probably worth taking a shot on. Is he slightly overpaid for fantasy purposes? Yes, but in a massive league, he's definitely going to be owned.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Personally, I don't like Boeser's contract at all. Boeser has never put up 60 pts in an NHL season. In the previous two years, 46 pts in 71 games and 55 pts in 74 games. Does this change? I wouldn't bet on it. Further, the Nucks are a bit of a mess and I'm certainly not seeing anything happening that is likely to markedly turn that team around next year. A 6.25 Mil CAP hit for a 55 pt forward is not particularly great value. This really does depend on your league, but I can't help but think there could well be more desirable contracts available for you, it's certainly worth pursuing. If it turns out Boeser is as good as it gets, well, it's not great, but it's not terrible.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

With each passing season his chances of ever living up to his hype grow more remote. Don't get me wrong - I think if put with a very talented center he could do well; however, he's not shown what we expected we'd see by now after his rookie season.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/