Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge offer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Huge offer

16 team dynasty league I am currently trying to build a roster that’s competitive but young ( I want a large window ) I finished 1 spot outside of playoffs and now I think I’ll start making some win now moves. Scoring category are G, A, PTS, Hits, FOW, SOG, BLKs, TOI, W, Sv%, GAA, Sv. Max of 2 goalies on active roster. Minor eligibility is 150 games

My team-

C- Aho, Eichel, Pettterson, Norris, , Gourde, Mittelstad

LW-, Landeskog, Mangiapane,
    Keller, Terivianen, and Guadreau

RW- Roy, Tanev, Sheary and Yamamoto

D- Dahlin, Makar, Morgan Rielly , McAvoy, Ristolainen, Savard, Adam Larsson and Poink

G- Demko, Samsonov( IR )

Picks- 1st overall, 4th overall, 5th overall, 8th overall and 40th overall

Prospects- Connor Geekie, Riley Kidney, J Dumais, Mathew Savoie, Quinton Byfield, Cole Perfetti, Logan Cooley, T.Bourdeleau, B.Brisson, Jacob Perriault, Danila Yurov, Fydor Svechkov, Edvinsson, Hienola, Lambos, Mallioux, Niemela and Livingstone + spot start players ( 150 games max )

My opinion- This is a upper middle of the pack team in terms of competitiveness and my wingers are what’s holding me back.

The offer on the table is-

My- Josh Norris, Terivianen, Logan Cooley, 4th overall, 5th overall and 8th overall

For- Barkov, Hintz and Chabot

I’m leaning towards saying no as I just think that’s to much potential to give I have a young core so I can afford to wait to maximize my core.
    14 team Keep all category based Dynasty league

scoring Category’s are G,A, PTS, SOG, BLKs, Hits, FOW, W, SVs, SV% and GAA

C-Draisatle, Eichel, Jenner, Gourde, Malkin, Crosby

LW- Guadreau , Marchand, Chandler Stephenson , Pacioretty

RW-Patrick Kane, Hathaway, Rienhart, Laine , Stone

D-Makar, Towes, Ristolainen, R.Andersson,Burns , Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Provonov

G- Andersen , Allen, Brobovsky

Minors

C-Hirovinen, Klimovich, Lafferty, J.McBain, J.Roy, Brad Lamburt, Rossi

LW-J. Doan, A.Nylander, R.Lomberg, Kuzmenko

RW- E.Bemstrom, C.Caufield, Jenik, Koivunen,

D- Sandin, Barron, K.Guhle, Timmons, Soderstrom, Niemela

G- Woll, Swayman, Logan Thompson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Huge offer

That’s pretty close to a win now move. It would hurt a bit to lose Cooley and all those picks but I would do this. Maybe talk the other GM out of all those picks (like you keep the 5th or something). But you are getting very good proven players. Hintz still has room to improve and Barkov is a star. Chabot improves your D. Good luck.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You don’t need Chabot. I really like Barkov and Hintz but that is just too much to give up as I don’t think those two guys put you over the top!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

That mid for the input guys I’ll wait for more input here

Dobber Sports Ace

The thing that I don't like about this deal is it doesn't seem to be doing enough to address your most immediate need which is improving at the wing positions and maybe upgrading in net. I don't think the price is outlandish, it might be a little high but it's definitely too much to pay if it's still leaving you with question marks. That kind of deal should wrap up your future for awhile not leave you trying to figure out what else you need and how to get it. I think the players you're getting are upgrades so if you think you can definitely do some flipping than maybe you give it more consideration.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

What if I replaced Norris with Savoie?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander2.0 View Post
    What if I replaced Norris with Savoie?
    That pushes this closer to a win. You are paying big in assets but most of those won't pay dividends for you for a few years, while subtracting only Teravainen from the main roster.

If you break it down as Cooley+4 OA for Barkov, Savoie+5OA for Hintz, and Teravainen+8OA for Chabot, the only piece of that puzzle where you are losing is the Teravainen/Chabot piece and you could easily argue you need to lose that portion because you are coming out ahead on the other transactions.

Still, I'd have some reticence to push in this many chips while not addressing your biggest needs on the wing. If these picks/prospects are in play then surely you can field some comparable offers that better address your needs.

For instance, what kind of winger does Savoie+8OA return for you?

In the end, you aren't wrong to be pursuing big names and trying to consolidate your talent as your prospect pool will age out and some point and you'll need roster spots for those players. Barkov and Hintz are also a great options in this league. If you can simultaneously pull a big move like this while exchanging some of your weaker Cs like Gourde and Mittelstadt for wing upgrades then you could have a real solution.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Not a fan of this one.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Ace

You’re giving up way too much in my opinion. If you remove the 4th overall from the package you’d be sending, I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by zambronies View Post
    You’re giving up way too much in my opinion. If you remove the 4th overall from the package you’d be sending, I would consider it.
    I actually countered with that but it was declined

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    That pushes this closer to a win. You are paying big in assets but most of those won't pay dividends for you for a few years, while subtracting only Teravainen from the main roster.

If you break it down as Cooley+4 OA for Barkov, Savoie+5OA for Hintz, and Teravainen+8OA for Chabot, the only piece of that puzzle where you are losing is the Teravainen/Chabot piece and you could easily argue you need to lose that portion because you are coming out ahead on the other transactions.

Still, I'd have some reticence to push in this many chips while not addressing your biggest needs on the wing. If these picks/prospects are in play then surely you can field some comparable offers that better address your needs.

For instance, what kind of winger does Savoie+8OA return for you?

In the end, you aren't wrong to be pursuing big names and trying to consolidate your talent as your prospect pool will age out and some point and you'll need roster spots for those players. Barkov and Hintz are also a great options in this league. If you can simultaneously pull a big move like this while exchanging some of your weaker Cs like Gourde and Mittelstadt for wing upgrades then you could have a real solution.
    Thanks for the advice I have been trying to pursue wingers but has been challenging.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm with metaldude. I disagree that you are giving up too much, I just don't think you're getting what you need out of it. Like I said, if you think you can turn around and flip some other players for wingers than this could be a good way to get you there, but that sounds like a gamble that could leave you right back where you started.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't give up those assets without getting what you NEED, which are wingers. Hintz and Barkov only add to your depth at center, and Chabots PP position is threatened by Sanderson and Chychrn.
    With you having Bedard at 1st OA, you have more than enough centers to get some good players in return. Norris or Aho would be my choices to dangle in a trade.
    I'd be open to trading Morgan Reilly too.

The deal isn't bad value-wise but it doesn't solve your problem, you're only rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

4th OA (Michkov?), Aho, Norris, Reilly should net you at least 2 borderline star wingers. I'd target guys like Kaprizov, K Connor, etc.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I also don't mind the price although the vote on that is split but what is pretty much unanimous is the opinion that you are allocating a lot of nice assets but not receiving what you really need. I'd put this one to bed and roll up your sleeves and go shopping for Wingers that are clearly in need of upgrade.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

Nah, in a dynasty league it's too much to give up for what you're getting back.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel