Poll: Canes vs Panthers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Eastern Conference Final: Carolina Hurricanes vs Florida Panthers

I am in the Eastern time zone and watched the whole thing, lol! Getting up at 6 a.m. wasn't easy.

I thought that the GWG might have been offside and I never saw a replay of the play entering the zone. I would love to see an angle on that to stop me from thinking the NHL wanted the game to not go into a fifth OT period!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tkachuk Is fuggin unstoppable right now. Incredible to watch. Low key rooting for him and this team to make it up cup.

Dobber Sports Icon

Why is no one talking about how terrible the overtime reffing was? Kotkaniemi did not hook anyone. If anything, his stick was being held by the guy he was covering. Also, how does Gudas not get an interference penalty when he first picked, then threw Kotkaniemi to the ground at the red line about 15 seconds before the Kotkaniemi hook was called?

Dobber Sports Ace

The officiating throughout the playoffs has been horribly inconsistent. It's a penalty sometimes, other times it's not. A good example is the cross-check that led to Carolinas 5-3 in game one. I've seen the same thing happen several more times since then and it hasn't been called. There was trip along on the boards last night that had been getting called (even though it looked incidental) in the 1st 2 rounds, not a penalty anymore apparently... They also seem more likely to issue "IOU penalties" or non-calls whenever they make a weak call so you get double the bs penalties in almost every game.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Immortal

Florida are the 2012 Kings.

Dobber Sports All-Star

That save by Bob was unreal. I didn’t think he had this type of game in him but he is playing Conn Smythe hockey right now. Good on him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Bobrovsky is still +550 for the Conn Smythe.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Svech would be very helpful with his physical play in this matchup.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What a poorly officiated game
    30 team league, DYNASTY
    Hartford Whalers

GO CANES

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Refs change the rules game to game, period to period, and more importantly minute to minute.

You can't say you missed a high stick when you're 10ft from the player who had the puck, and say you saw some of those "slashes" before.

If you can say you saw a player tap the puck carriers hands and not the stick from 20ft away, you can't say you missed that high stick. They are totally undermanned, under trained, under talented, or just don't care about the integrity of their game.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ace

I can recall seeing at least 4 incidents that were penalties throughout the regular season that were not called. I don't understand how they arbitrarily decide that they're just going to let things slide sometimes and other times not. It opens the door for the idea that it's selective officiating that could be aimed at manipulating outcomes. Whether it is or not, the fact that the conversation can exist is a problem.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    That's crazy to me...

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    That's crazy to me...
    Yepppp Tkachuk was favored. Sorry it was +450 before, but now Bob is +250. Definitely his to lose.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just wow. Team of density, uh destiny (maybe a little of both)? Everything just falling into place at the right time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket