Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading Holtz

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Trading Holtz

Not sure what to make of Alexander Holtz. If he gets traded he could be great. If he’s stuck not playing in NJ again he’s a declining asset.

I’m rocking Marc Andre Fleury and Phoenix Copley in net right now (Wallstedt in my minors) and was offered Georgiev for Holtz. What are your thoughts? Points only h2h league.
    14 Team Dynasty League, H2H points, Points, Powerplay points, +/- (0.5), SOG, Blocks, Saves, Wins, OTL, Shutouts. 3 bench spots, 40 minor league spots.
    Current roster:

C - McDavid, MacKinnon, Bedard, Larkin
    LW - Bratt, Ehlers, Farabee, Vrana
    RW - Lafreniere, Labanc, Perfetti, Tomasino
    D - Boqvist, Hanifin, Hronek, Matheson, Seider, Pionk
    G - Jarry, Fleury, Copley
    BENCH Severson, Vejmelka

NOTABLE PROSPECTS - Brisson, Greig, Heidt, Nazar, Stenberg, Cristall, Musty, Othmann, Reichel, Kemell, Michkov, Korchinski, Behrens, Clarke, Guhle, Fisher, Harley, Merkeley, Mania, Sandin-Pellikka, Wallstedt, Commesso, Soderblom, Greaves, Fowler

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trading Holtz

Based on this information, you have to trade Holtz for Georgiev. A declining unproven prospect for someone who was one of the best goalies last year? Seems to be a miracle offer.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Why is Holtz dead? They have not signed Meier long term and no guarantees they'll want to cripple themselves financially giving him the seven year contract he will easily command. It's a good return but you have to at least let the summer play out before you make any moves.

Dobber Sports Initiate

With your poor goalies, I think you should do it
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Why is Holtz dead? They have not signed Meier long term and no guarantees they'll want to cripple themselves financially giving him the seven year contract he will easily command. It's a good return but you have to at least let the summer play out before you make any moves.
    Holtz is not dead. But let's not forget the headline, someone is willing to offer a goalie who finished 1st in the NHL in wins, 8th in save percentage, and 14th in GAA (min 20 games) for a guy who has not done anything in the NHL. If you move the slider to 40 games played, Georgiev jumps to 1st, 6th, and 8th, respectively. And the OP's other goalies are Fleury and Copley, two guys who are fringy backups on their own teams. This is a mandatory accept, given the information provided. At worst, you should be able to trade Georgiev for a better prospect than Holtz next season if rebuilding is the OP's goal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Your roster doesn't reflect any of those players so I can't tell how good your prospect system is. Even still, I'd do the trade. Holtz may turn out in a few years, but he hasn't done well so far. Georgiev is signed for a few more years on a Cup contending team. He's the 1A there and with Francouz's injuries he's more like the bona fide starter.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think you do this trade cause its good value trade but to say that Holtz is declining talent or dead or whatever is just sad to see really...its young dude who is point per game guy at AHL level and has a chance to be a very good NHLer in next year or 2. If Holtz was done you think you would get Georgiev offer for him?
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    I think you do this trade cause its good value trade but to say that Holtz is declining talent or dead or whatever is just sad to see really...its young dude who is point per game guy at AHL level and has a chance to be a very good NHLer in next year or 2. If Holtz was done you think you would get Georgiev offer for him?
    I mean, I know who Holtz is and how good he is which is why I’m asking and I didn’t auto accept it, but the fact is he played 19 games or something this year with very limited ice time, then sat in the press box all year doing nothing until he was finally sent to the AHL to play 14 games. Can’t be good for his development to just sit and watch all year.

Anyway thanks everyone, seems the consensus is I should do it

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchens83 View Post
    I mean, I know who Holtz is and how good he is which is why I’m asking and I didn’t auto accept it, but the fact is he played 19 games or something this year with very limited ice time, then sat in the press box all year doing nothing until he was finally sent to the AHL to play 14 games. Can’t be good for his development to just sit and watch all year.

Anyway thanks everyone, seems the consensus is I should do it
    its 19 games, i think you are overthinking it..i be surprised if he isnt at worst a solid 2nd liner in NHL for long time...but time will tell
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah getting a starter for that price seems pretty reasonable at the least.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Star

If the OP's question at hand is whether to trade Holtz for Georgiev, then, as stated above, I think the answer is an easy yes.

If the OP's question is whether Holtz is a good prospect, the answer to that is also yes. Holtz' picture isn't as rosy as it was on draft day, but as mentioned above, 62 points in 66 AHL games these past two years is a very positive sign. How New Jersey's summer shakes out will have an impact as to whether Holtz will get good NHL traction this autumn.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If the OP's question at hand is whether to trade Holtz for Georgiev, then, as stated above, I think the answer is an easy yes.

If the OP's question is whether Holtz is a good prospect, the answer to that is also yes. Holtz' picture isn't as rosy as it was on draft day, but as mentioned above, 62 points in 66 AHL games these past two years is a very positive sign. How New Jersey's summer shakes out will have an impact as to whether Holtz will get good NHL traction this autumn.
    100%, very high on Holtz. Just worried NJ is going to ruin him by not using him. He should have been in the AHL all season if he was just gonna sit in the press box all year in New Jersey. Hopefully he has more opportunity next year.
    14 Team Dynasty League, H2H points, Points, Powerplay points, +/- (0.5), SOG, Blocks, Saves, Wins, OTL, Shutouts. 3 bench spots, 40 minor league spots.
    Current roster:

C - McDavid, MacKinnon, Bedard, Larkin
    LW - Bratt, Ehlers, Farabee, Vrana
    RW - Lafreniere, Labanc, Perfetti, Tomasino
    D - Boqvist, Hanifin, Hronek, Matheson, Seider, Pionk
    G - Jarry, Fleury, Copley
    BENCH Severson, Vejmelka

NOTABLE PROSPECTS - Brisson, Greig, Heidt, Nazar, Stenberg, Cristall, Musty, Othmann, Reichel, Kemell, Michkov, Korchinski, Behrens, Clarke, Guhle, Fisher, Harley, Merkeley, Mania, Sandin-Pellikka, Wallstedt, Commesso, Soderblom, Greaves, Fowler

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchens83 View Post
    100%, very high on Holtz. Just worried NJ is going to ruin him by not using him. He should have been in the AHL all season if he was just gonna sit in the press box all year in New Jersey. Hopefully he has more opportunity next year.
    There's another way to interpret Holtz's scratches, in that NJ knows that Holtz is better than the AHL but not 100% ready for full time NHL exposure. Almost there, close enough that NJ wanted him nearby. Don't worry about the loss of development time to scratches. If Holtz is yo-yo'd for the next season-plus, then worry. But for a prospect of Holtz' pedigree, getting a chance at age 21 or so is within a normal development timeframe.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

9m very high on Holtz still- but there's no way you can pass on that...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take that offer. Your goalies are a guy who is the starter on his team in error (Fleury) and a guy who played well enough to get a NHL contract for next year (Copley). I'm saying this a s guy woth Copley in multiple dynasty leagues, one where he carried me into the playoffs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.