Thread: Help valuing Jeannot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Help valuing Jeannot

Hey guys,

20 team, NHL salary cap dynasty H2H cats: G, A, SOG, PIM, PPP, HITS, BLKS, SHTOI

My Jeannot was, as we all know, a true unicorn a season ago in a setup like this, being a periph monster with relevant scoring totals. Of course the periphs were still there this season but the scoring way down, and potentially his TOI going down moving forward in Tampa. I have a chance to move him for a 20~ OA entry rookie draft pick this year in this stacked class and I’m wondering if it’s worth it, or if I’ll regret moving Jeannot?

Reasons why I’m contemplating: I need to move salary and while Jeannot is likely to not be taking up a big chunk of the cap, he is getting a raise. A guy like Nic Deslauriers for instance offers similar production and can be had for FAR cheaper on the trade market. 2. I need to restock the prospect pool a bit, it’s thin and with no big upside guys 3. Guys like this can be injury prone, degrade quickly

reasons for not: Jeannot just needs to get back to that 40-50 pt range to be a periph unicorn type again. I might, or might not get a great prospect, but even if so I might be searching for a jeannot type again.

Any thoughts??

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Help valuing Jeannot

I really liked him in Nashville but not so much in TB. Still might get you the periffs but I don’t think he will hit 50 point production. Unless he sees 2nd line duty but I think he’s a mainstay on that 3rd line. I would deal him for a top 15 pick easily and search for another unicorn on the FA or trade market. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to deal him, depending on the contract price and team. If you have to make the deal now, I'd do it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

he is a good complementary player which i believe will have more value on the team that owns him than he would bring in trade market. I would see what you can get but it maybe just better to keep him as one of the bench players. Those hits may prove valuable in some situation.

if you get enough move him, otherwise keep him.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Obviously if you put him on the block and get a great return, by all means move him. However, I don't think the off season is a good time to get that great return. There is some risk here depending on how Jeannot performs next year, but once the season is well underway a contending team will pay a very nice price to acquire him if they need his kind of league leading numbers. Moving him now is likely a sell low, but if the last few years are any indication, his value in banger leagues significantly increases as contending teams try and make improvements to their peripheral scoring cats. I turned him into Rossi and a high first round pick this year and it's possible you could do likewise. BTW, the other GM won the league championship and Jeannot was a key piece, he was happy to pay the price he did.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He was awful in playoffs I think his value hasn’t been lower. At this point for me he’s a flyer

Dobber Sports Stud

Geez. I feel like the lone dissenter here - but NO ! Don’t shop a guy when he’s at his career bottom. If you truly believe he’s without value, that’s one thing, but don’t take a used toaster oven and a prospect who has little chance to be as good. Tampa will need to restructure - Killorn gone, they could easily envision Jeannot - Cirelli - Hagel as line #2. What’s your options? You may regret losing him.
    FROZEN TUNDRA, 2023-24 league champions, Canadian Hockey Eh

12-team Yahoo league, 10th year. H2H. Keep 15

Aho, Monahan, Coyle, Kadri

Jarvis, Fiala, Slafkovsky, Byfield, Verhaeghe
    Josi, Morrissey, Montour
    Oettinger, Ullmark, Brossoit

Dobber Sports Star

His value is as low now as it has ever been. Unless you can find a true believer, you're better off holding and seeing what he can do next autumn to reclaim some value.

Dobber Sports Superstar

My first post was before the playoff's started. Ouch. I would have though he would be the kind of player that thrives in the playoffs. Instead, healthy scratch. Now, I think you have little choice but to sit on him and see what happens next year. If he does what we expect him too do you will be fine, you will have a buyer. If the playoffs are a harbinger of what's to come, well, that's going to be a hard sell, his value is in the toilet.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    My first post was before the playoff's started. Ouch. I would have though he would be the kind of player that thrives in the playoffs. Instead, healthy scratch. Now, I think you have little choice but to sit on him and see what happens next year. If he does what we expect him too do you will be fine, you will have a buyer. If the playoffs are a harbinger of what's to come, well, that's going to be a hard sell, his value is in the toilet.
    I don't think he was a healthy scratch - was dealing with an injury.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24