Thread: Timo Time?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Timo Time?

Hi all,
    I'm a Meier owner and another GM has inquired. I'm considering shipping him but I'm unsure. His TOI in NJ is down from his time in SJ. He's not the top offensive weapon there (Hughes and possibly Nico and Bratt are ahead of him), but of course he has better weapons to play with...

How do you all feel about his production in NJ from next season on?

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Timo Time?

I see it going down personally and outside of banger leagues I’d test his value

Dobber Sports Star

He has the rare combination of high sogs (3.5+ per game) and hits (2.0+ per game), but certainly less overall volume than when he was in San Jose due to more talent around him so he gets less minutes and reliance to produce

I have him as well in my roto keeper (top 40) and plan to keep him. If he plays with Hischier or Hughes and keeps his PP1 spot he should be good. I am baffled why hes on the third line currently quite honestly, I chalk it up to a star player struggling to adjust midseason and having a full training camp will help.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would definitely listen to offers. Most of the time he looks invisible out there. No harm in putting him on the block.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

i would definitely not move him in your format unless you get crazy offer...

he has been with SJ the entire carrier until the move. He was comfortable there and he produced. Sometimes it takes a time for player to start producing at expected rate with new team.

And even if that never comes, if he produces 50 points he is still a beast in your league...to me it would be mistake to move him unless again you get an offer that you cant refuse...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    I would definitely listen to offers. Most of the time he looks invisible out there. No harm in putting him on the block.
    This. So far he's a minimal impact for NJ, if he was dating one of your friends the way he's playing hockey right now you'd say it wasn't going to work out.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think last year might be his upside and we could see a decline by 10 or so points in any given season including next year- but as others have said with your cats you'd be crazy to move him- even if he scored 70 points he'd have immense value with those peripherals and im not saying he's gonna score 70 either- he likely does much better than that.

Also- there's actually no guarantee he signs with the devils- its why that package that everyone was whining about seemed so crazy to me. They might be ahead in the q so to speak but he's got every right to test the free agency market and I think people that are saying he won't are getting ahead of themselves.

No matter where he goes his combination of scoring, shots and hits is incredibly valuable in your league. I'm holding...