Thread: Cap League Keepers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Cap League Keepers

Lets try this another way. Help with final keepers :
    For league in signature (keep 7F, 4D, 1G pts only cap league)

Sure Keepers in bold with rest fighting for remaining slots :

F : McDavid, Kucherov, Stutzle, Raymond (need his low salary), Marner, Konecny, Guentzel, Ehlers, Hyman, Zegras
    D : Hughes, Theodore, Adisson, Chychrun, Boqvist, Forsling
    G : Sorokin, Georgiev

SHOUTOUT to mister MacLean for the new Top-200 Cap League Skater Rankings. Love it!!!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Cap League Keepers

Updated info of original message to make it easier to follow and answer
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Titan

Glad you like the new update! Any comments?

F :
    McDavid, Kucherov, Stutzle, Raymond, Marner, Konecny, Guentzel, Zegras
    D : Hughes, Theodore, Addisson, Chychrun
    G : Sorokin, Georgiev

This is what I would narrow it down to. Leaves you with an extra G and an extra skater. Any chance you can make trades? I would think Marner and Addison (for Fox), Zegras and Konecny (for Robertson), or Kucherov and Chychrun (for Makar) would be options for trades (with possible targets in brackets). You also have Georgiev to dangle as well.

You could also see if something like Marner, Ehlers, Addison, and Sorokin could net you Connor Bedard and his three-year ELC.

If you have to make the two final cuts without trades, I think they have to be Gerogiev, and... oof, maybe Konecny.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Marner Guentzel Zegras Hyman
    Chychrun
    Sorokin
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Glad you like the new update! Any comments?
    Love that you modified the system but kept the old ranking while explaining the difference. Combining both becomes an even better tool to use.

I do wonder how Kucherov's Value is so low compared to players with similar to higher salaries that as of now haven't and don't produce quite as much as Kuch!?

A bit surprised to see players like Stutzle, Keller and Kyrou lower than JT Millier as both are much younger, have similar salary and personally I believe have higher upside. Maybe just a question of preference on my side!?

All in all I'm sure this will be a quite a useful list going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post

Any chance you can make trades? I would think Marner and Addison (for Fox), Zegras and Konecny (for Robertson), or Kucherov and Chychrun (for Makar) would be options for trades (with possible targets in brackets). You also have Georgiev to dangle as well.

You could also see if something like Marner, Ehlers, Addison, and Sorokin could net you Connor Bedard and his three-year ELC.

If you have to make the two final cuts without trades, I think they have to be Gerogiev, and... oof, maybe Konecny.
    Pretty sure Bedard will not be accessible as this league's GMs tend to hold low salary players in high regards.

Trades are not impossible but do tend to somewhat lose value in the offseason compared to near trade deadline. Your suggestions do make sense and I'll probably test the waters. Last year I shopped around a bunch of players and ended up trading Pasta for a 4th round pick (before Bergeron and Krejci signed)...yikes...but all is good I've pretty much got the championship in the pocket.

From your final keepers I do wonder about Marner because I already have some pretty high salary players to protect. Zegras I await his new contract but if anywhere close to your projection he'll be a keeper.

I am debating keeping Hyman instead of Guentzel because of contract duration. Guess I'll shop them both and see from there!?

Love both those goalies. Guess I'll shop them around as well? Like that Georgiev has an extra year left but he might also have more value in my league in a trade.

Anywho thanks for your input it is much appreciated.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given your goalies, I'm shopping one hard as part of an upgrade on player(s) you'd otherwise be keeping. I don't care which player(s), really, but I'd prefer a D upgrade.

Forward
    Clear non-keeper forwards are:
    Ehlers: injury-prone, and not in favor in Winnipeg
    Hyman: Not a bangers league

That leaves you with 8 options in a keep 7.

D is interesting because your lower end guys are 40+ point potential guys. Addison is a RFA, and could be the best value after Hughes, or the worst depending on how that contract goes. He's got bust risk due to poor defense. I think I'd prefer to target improving D, if possible. You've got options as far as keepers, and many in a similar point tier.

G: With no ratios, it's pretty close. Colorado > Islanders but Sorokin > Georgiev.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input stevegamer. I will definitely be shopping to upgrade my D as you suggested and EB had a few suggestions there as well.

I see no love for Hyman...so you don't think he'll be able to reproduce this year's production playing with McDavid?? Guy is over 1pt per game with 76 in 70 games at 5.5M$ that is pretty darn good.

Dobber Sports Titan

Hyman's style and percentages make him much less of a sure thing than the others.
    Will have to look into Kuch and get back to you. As for Miller, his previous season and his currently ending contract are keeping him low. For the next update I flip over the contracts to the next year, and at that point Miller will drop.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    I see no love for Hyman...so you don't think he'll be able to reproduce this year's production playing with McDavid?? Guy is over 1pt per game with 76 in 70 games at 5.5M$ that is pretty darn good.
    He could, but he's close to the least sure thing you have. In my opinion if you want to keep him, then you upgrade 2 other spots and roll the dice on him. I'd suspect he'll be there for you draft in your draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.