Thread: Is Kent Johnson droppable?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Is Kent Johnson droppable?

Playoffs start tomorrow. This is a league where you keep all players every season. Will I be losing a lot dropping Kent Johnson? I have Murray and Ghule able to be activated. Trying to go all in this season and win. I know he will be picked up as soon as I drop him. Team sig is below.

Team sig:

Starting line (Stats: G, A, Pts, Plus/Minus, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocked shots, face off won, PIM, GWG). (Goalie: W, L, Saves, Save percentage, GA, SHO, Minutes played, Games Started)

C: Eichel, McDavid
    LW: Boldy, Gaudreau
    RW: Marner, Giroux
    D: Hedman, McAvoy, Valimaki, Ristonanen (Can start 4)
    Util: Ehlers
    G: Binnington, Gibson, (can start only 1 per day)

Bench: K. Johnson, Boeser, Laine,

IR: Werenski, Ghule, M. Murray

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Is Kent Johnson droppable?

It just depends who is on the waiver wire. Johnson is not going to help you much these playoffs and probably not much next year especially if it is a 10 or 12-man league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I was going to drop him to activate Matt Murray and get a few extra goalie games this week. I have two players that are ready to be activated.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I know once I drop him someone will pick him up but I want to win now

Dobber Sports Superstar

seeing as you asked this question elsewhere the answer remains the same, you want to win now then dump Johnson because he is not a win now player. He is a win now player in 2024 and beyond. Start Murray, if he does poorly now you don't have to entertain the mental Olympics of should I start should I not the rest of the playoff week and send goalies with reckless abandon. Listen to my words, I win lots of titles, do not be conservative now if you really want to win the chip.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Johnson is not a win now guy, but will be useful soonish, so that's up to you.

However I have another question: Is Ristolainen clearly better than D on the wire?

He's been floating on and off the wire in two of my leagues (admittedly one is a cap league) and the Flyers play Tuesday/Friday/Saturday. The Flyers aren't remotely good right now, and you might find that dropping Ristolainen gives you more flexibility for man-games during the week.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.