Thread: Which youngster instead of a top 10 Pick next year

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Which youngster instead of a top 10 Pick next year

Hi,

Team in Signature.

I am still at the 1st place. So I will have max the 10th. Pick in the draft next year. On FA there are still:

Wyatt Johnston
    Barret Hayton
    A.Lundell
    Kent Johnson
    Alex Newhook
    Kirby Dach
    William Eklund
    Quinton Byfield
    Shane Wright
    Owen Tippett

So we can Keep max 24. I would take 24 Player over to the next season and do not draft.

I would drop Hartman and Fehervary. (Maybee more from my Team)? Get Perfetti back from IR and Jiricek from NA (Maybee hold Fehervary instead)

Should I hold Perfetti or get one of the other Youngster above?

Who do you prefer of this guys in my Format?
    Dynasty 10 Teams, H2H league
    keep max 10

F1: B.Tkachuk, Zibanejad, M.Tkachuk
    F2: T.Stuetzle, J.Hughes, T.Meier
    F3: Kaprizov, E.Petterson, A.Svechnikov
    F4: O.Tippet, Suzuki, Wyatt Johnston
    F-Bench: V.Nichuskin
    G: Oettinger

G-Bench: Demko, Kochetkov

D: A.Fox, E.Bouchard, Heiskanen,
    Werenski, K´Andre Miller, C.York, J.Chychrun
    D Bench: Romanov, Mintyukov

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

Rosters of 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4 Bench, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA, and categories of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK, GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Which youngster instead of a top 10 Pick next year

When do you need to decide whether to do the draft or not?

If not until close to the start of next season - I'd target one of the play-off bound players and make the decision later. I'd probably be most interested in Byfield and Johnston (not sure if Perfetti, Wright or someone else is available for the play-offs..) if this stategy is valid.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

i have to decide before next season. All Player wich are FA can be draftet. We can Keep max 24

The Great One

So that includes Perfetti? I might keep Perfetti- hes got the same high end upside as out guys on this list but he's scoring right now.

I'd tae off Hayton, Dach, Newhook and Tippett right off the bat. I like each of them in their own way but I dont think any of these three really have a great chance of hitting that elite level you're looking for. Hayton is looking good as a post hype sleeper but I think most people would be happy if he developed into a 60-70 point player and realistically his role likely decreases a bit as guys like Cooley start to emerge as core pieces. Dach does not shoot enough for me AND looks locked in as a 2c himself. Newhook has the speed and hands to make you wonder if he can reach that tier but he's struggled to score at the professional level and again here really looks like he'll be relegated to more of a second line role. Tippett is a topline player probably but I think the upside there is 30 goals and 70ish points. If he has a monster season maybe we re-evaluate but he really struggles in terms of taking over a game. Hes starting to look a lot more like a very good secondary type sniper- well see.

Wright, Lundell and maybe Eklund are closer but I think they fall just shy personally. I own Wright and I'm optimistic he'll develop into a useful player but he's had so many offensive question marks at this point it might be time to start looking at what he does consistently and thats being a standout defensive player while providing fantastic secondary type scoring. I think he'll get plenty of shots at top deployment but he just doesn't look overly interested in sacrificing his great defensive style for added scoring- which is not a bad thing at all! Not great in fantasy though. Eklund another guy I wish would shoot more but he's come on a lot stronger lately after falling off early and people may be sleeping on him. If he gets a trigger man he could be gold. Lundell is awesome but he's buried behind Barkov. I put him a tad higher in this group as he might get the draisaitl treatment a bit and pushed up to line 1 as a winger by necessity now and again. Hes a fantastic player whose showing he can score while playing responsible hockey.

Byfield and Johnston are the only guys I'd consider swapping out one for one with Perfetti. Johnston needs that line one gig with Robertson but I think he gets there inside three years. Hes my pick for the next big breakout player- probably next year. Byfield needs a bit more to go right and his size may slow down the scoring breakout but he torched a pro league in the A last year and thats a fantastic start! Big men usually take awhile but he's got a ton of skill too so I'm not sure that wait time applies- he could be a premier scorer and never really impose his size on his opponents- if he does do that the results will just be silly imho...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

To much information and unknowns to really say who you should take over players who may be available, I'll list what I think of the players mentioned above though and you can decide if a player like that is worth keeping over someone else.

Johnston - I don't expect big things from him next year, around the same as this year, 20-25g, 45-50p. The year after though could be a big one, if he can slot into that 1st line with Hintz and Robertson, hard to not see him approach close to ppg, if not, should be a very sexy 2nd line for years to come with him, Stank and Bourque. If he gets top line and top pp, near ppg, if he gets 2nd line and 2nd unit pp, 60-ish points, not a huge hitter, decent shooter though.

Hayton - I don't like him or the situation, going to be more talented and younger guys leap frogging him in Ari, near or at the bottom of this list for me.

Lundell - Great real life player, good fantasy asset, his shot rate is decent, plays in all situations, the Barkov block being there handicaps his point totals unfortunately, also not the biggest multi-cat stud.

Johnson - I do see him being "the guy" might not be next year, but the year after, I could see him being close to ppg player, has a lot of talent around to insulate him, useless for multi-cats and again not a big shooter.

Newhook - I think he's years away from producing at good levels, doesn't shoot a lot, not good in multi-cat and even if he gets moved from Col, I don't see him being "the guy".

Dach - Nice Multi-cat guy, don't see big point totals from him, maybe capping out around a 60-65 point guy, but he's a solid add on a team with a lot of youth and talent.

Eklund - San Jose is a desert and there is a huge dearth of skill there, he will get a ton of time though, useless for multi-cat and if SJ moves out any more guys ie; Hertl/Couture/Karlsson, I don't want to own anybody there for years.

Byfield - I still think he's going to be big, not 100 points a year big, but consistent ppg player, sadly, I don't see him providing big numbers for multi-cat, but if you are willing to sit and wait another 2-3 years, he will pay off.

Wright - Definitely wasn't ready for the show this year, I'm not entirely sure he will be next year, not a big fan of him, think he'll do well, but with how well Beniers has been playing, I think he's 2nd fiddle to Beniers until he proves otherwise, I always though Beniers would be behind Wright on depth chart but I got it wrong I think. He's far away from hitting his stride and at this point, it's not worth waiting for someone who isn't going to produce ppg numbers.

Tippet - I like him, I think he's finally arrived and should be good for 30g, 60p going forward, I hate the team and I don't see big upside from him, nice safe pick but no boom/bust.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you very much. Yeah you never know with the young Player. Gambling.

QUOTE=bnet;2231344]To much information and unknowns to really say who you should take over players who may be available, I'll list what I think of the players mentioned above though and you can decide if a player like that is worth keeping over someone else.

Johnston - I don't expect big things from him next year, around the same as this year, 20-25g, 45-50p. The year after though could be a big one, if he can slot into that 1st line with Hintz and Robertson, hard to not see him approach close to ppg, if not, should be a very sexy 2nd line for years to come with him, Stank and Bourque. If he gets top line and top pp, near ppg, if he gets 2nd line and 2nd unit pp, 60-ish points, not a huge hitter, decent shooter though.

Hayton - I don't like him or the situation, going to be more talented and younger guys leap frogging him in Ari, near or at the bottom of this list for me.

Lundell - Great real life player, good fantasy asset, his shot rate is decent, plays in all situations, the Barkov block being there handicaps his point totals unfortunately, also not the biggest multi-cat stud.

Johnson - I do see him being "the guy" might not be next year, but the year after, I could see him being close to ppg player, has a lot of talent around to insulate him, useless for multi-cats and again not a big shooter.

Newhook - I think he's years away from producing at good levels, doesn't shoot a lot, not good in multi-cat and even if he gets moved from Col, I don't see him being "the guy".

Dach - Nice Multi-cat guy, don't see big point totals from him, maybe capping out around a 60-65 point guy, but he's a solid add on a team with a lot of youth and talent.

Eklund - San Jose is a desert and there is a huge dearth of skill there, he will get a ton of time though, useless for multi-cat and if SJ moves out any more guys ie; Hertl/Couture/Karlsson, I don't want to own anybody there for years.

Byfield - I still think he's going to be big, not 100 points a year big, but consistent ppg player, sadly, I don't see him providing big numbers for multi-cat, but if you are willing to sit and wait another 2-3 years, he will pay off.

Wright - Definitely wasn't ready for the show this year, I'm not entirely sure he will be next year, not a big fan of him, think he'll do well, but with how well Beniers has been playing, I think he's 2nd fiddle to Beniers until he proves otherwise, I always though Beniers would be behind Wright on depth chart but I got it wrong I think. He's far away from hitting his stride and at this point, it's not worth waiting for someone who isn't going to produce ppg numbers.

Tippet - I like him, I think he's finally arrived and should be good for 30g, 60p going forward, I hate the team and I don't see big upside from him, nice safe pick but no boom/bust.[/QUOTE]
    keep max 10

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,

Rosters of 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4 Bench, 3IR, 1IR+, 2NA, and categories of G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FOW, HIT, BLK, GS, W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Owen Tippett, lately I have seen several Flyers game and he is ALWAYS noticeable. That release is deadly and he has a crafty mind for playmaking as well. He is the focal point of that offense as early as next season if not already here and now.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to drop Hartman and Fehervary. I'd grab Tippett & either Wright or Byfield. Tippett should produce fine next year, and Byfield/Wright >>Hartman long term.

I'm a bit worried about Jeannot in Tampa, which seems weird, but I think he'll still be a keep for you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll just add that I really like this strategy. All too often guys get caught up with the current crop of prospects and will draft players outside the top 10 or so when much more promising prospects from previous drafts that already have a year or so of NHL experience are available. If you're in a pool where that is the case, and the list the OP provided is pretty stacked BTW, then you absolutely need to take advantage of this. I don't know who will go 10th overall this coming draft but give me half of the guys on this list instead (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you all.
    keep max 10

IR/IR+:
    S.Bennett,