Thread: Yahoo rules?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Yahoo rules?

I am starting a keeper league this year ...already have 7 owners loking for a few more

Basically a roto league - G,A, +/-, PIMs and GAA, with best 8 forwards, 4 dman 2 goalies and a bench of 11 (prospects etc...).

I am wondering if Yahoo allows roto leagues to be scored this way? in past years, I had the impression that Yahoo roto leagues required you to have your player active for his points to be counted. If he was inactive, points could never be counted - this requires you to monitor daily / weekly your roster.

In this league, we want to be able to pick which players stats are counted, so that a manager can select which 11 of his 25 players (8 forwards, 4 d-men, 2 goalies must count) are the spares after the fact. All players stats are recorded, and then the Manager decides which ones will “count”, based on performance and not on whether or not they were “active” that week.

Does Yahoo allow that?
    Does any hockey pool web site allow that?

Thanks

a blackhack loyalist!

A true Blackhawk fan for 30 + years

peekNpoke

Default Re:Yahoo rules?

I don\'t think yahoo is geared up that way but what I think you can do is have no bench. What you defined as bench make them utility players. All players count that way the stats are collected for the full season.
    *** I think each owner still has to make each of their players active before the season starts ***

The roto standings will be off, but the raw data is at your hands (and that of the other owners). Then you\'ll probably have to use a spreadsheet to figure out the roto rankings after each owner declairs who are his best 8f, 4d and 2g.

The spreadsheet would probably be one page that is a high level view, showing the ranking by category and the actual values by category, just like yahoo.
    Then a separate page for each owner, so you can sort the data to their wishes. These pages link their best 8f, 4d and 2g stats to the main page.

I guess that you\'ll have to probably input the data manually into the spreadsheet, but you might be able to get away with a copy paste, and possibly a text to column transformation.

Its not pretty but its the only thing I can think of especially if you want the owners to see some sort of result every day.

What would make it even more difficult is if you allow any kind of trading or waivers through out the season but I\'m guessing that you are not since you are choosing your best at the end of the season.

Post edited by: peekNpoke, at: 2007/08/30 23:34

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:Yahoo rules?

THanks for this ....

but ... we do allow trades and one Free Agent per team per year ...so the spreadsheet option becomes more complicated ...

if Yahoo cannot do it ... does anyone know of web site that does?
    A true Blackhawk fan for 30 + years