Thread: Hill

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Hill

What do you guys think of Hill for next year and the future? He seems like a good play for the rest of the year but I am in a dynasty and thinking about the next few years and if he's worth hanging on to. Do you think he can be a starter somewhere else next year or just a backup again in maybe Vegas with Thompson?

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Hill

I don't think he will ever be a starter. But goalies are voodoo as we all know so he could win the Vezina next season.

Administrator

He's the guy right now and he's playing well. If he was on the wire I would add him now and sell high after the season.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am pretty much out of it this year in a Dynasty. Thinking of trading for cossa. What you think?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Cossa could be great, he also could be carrier AHL goalie...you never know with these young trendies, junior numbers dont always transfer.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yup I hear you it's kind of a crap shoot. I have been struggling in this league getting goalies since it's 16 team Dynasty. So thinking of doing a hail Mary for a star but maybe I am being to risky.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Any other thoughts here? Would really appreciate it!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think Hill is a NHL goalie, and maybe a starter. He's playing well enough that somebody should give him a tandem sort of role next year.

The issues in Vegas are Lehner, Thompson, and Brossoit. Quick is NOT an issue, as he's toast.

Brossoit is a FA, so we'll figure they prefer to retain Hill over him, since Hill has been better, and is younger.
    Thompson is going nowhere, as they need cheap young talent, and he's a very cheap capable young NHL caliber goalie.

What is goalie scoring, and what does your team look like?

To me next year for Hill in Vegas comes down to Lehner and what happens with him. Lehner is more proven, and has been better, but also has been unavailable often.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

Keep Cossa but try to acquire him if the price tag is not that of a starter at the moment.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Initiate

My goalies have slowly come along as the season has progressed but it started really ugly;

Goalies: Grubauer, Varlamov, Talbot, Comrie, Hill, Skinner!

Prospects: Schmid, Silovs, Sogaard (just acquired), Bussi, Makiniemi, Garand, Kallgreen (probably dropping)

Before Grubauer turned it around and Skinner started getting starts it was a horror show haha. With Varly and Talbot possibly retiring at the end of the year or maybe signing for 1 more year it really is about the future and goalies are hard to come by in this league. Hill seems decent for the rest of the year but I am not sure what to see him as in the future. My team is basically out of hte playoffs unless I get really lucky so was thinking about next year and the future. I missed the trade deadline now so kind of a lost point now but its a good thought exercise or maybe summer move if I can.

16 H2H Dynasty
    Skaters: G/A/PIM/SOG/PPG/STP/FOW/HTS/BLK
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV%/SO

20 player farm (82 gp skaters, 41 gp goalies)

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    Yup I hear you it's kind of a crap shoot. I have been struggling in this league getting goalies since it's 16 team Dynasty. So thinking of doing a hail Mary for a star but maybe I am being to risky.
    Some random thoughts about goalies

-Starter/backup status is very blurry in 2023. Maybe a half-dozen goalies will play in 60 games this year. I don't believe Hill or Thompson is the hand-picked starter for next year. One will be given the chance to run with it early. Beyond that it's anyone's guess.
    -Nedeljkovic was a Calder candidate. He spent most of this year in the AHL. Binnington was a rookie Stanley Cup winner. He's been mediocre since then. The rapid rise and fall of many goalies is real.
    -The good news is new goalies appear out of seemingly nowhere. You can get in front of this and hope to strike gold. Cossa might be something, might not. Hill could be a long-term key player, maybe he's in the AHL by next year. But Filip Gustavsson would have been fairly easy to acquire a year ago. Ullmark would probably have been fairly cheap after last year.

I know I gave a bunch of non-answers, but I think you should learn to embrace the uncertainty of goaltending. There's a reason "ZeroG" is a strategy increasing in popularity. In your situation I might be more inclined to sell high on Hill given you have Grubauer/Skinner as potential higher-end fantasy goalies, Talbot/Varlamov as potentially important pieces somewhere in the NHL and Schmid/Sogaard who could be candidates to rise rapidly in the near future.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Novice

I would keep him if he’s cheap. How many keepers ? Your farm team says Thompson … is that Logan? Then I would definitely keep him. But not at the cost of a better keeper