Thread: kuemper/hill/korpisalo/copley/binnington - choose 2 this week (rep!)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default kuemper/hill/korpisalo/copley/binnington - choose 2 this week (rep!)

hey guys, fighting for a championship in a pts league, counting wins (2) OTL (1) and shutout wins (5) for pts, and i have these 5 choices on deck this week:

kuemper - @LA, NJD, @NYI
    hill - @FLA, @TBL, @CAR, @STL
    korpisalo/copley (do they split 50-50 from here on out?) - WSH, COL, NSH
    binnington - @ARI, SJS, @CBJ, VGK

very tempted to go Hill and Binnington on potential volume, but as you can tell, my #1 for sure starter status is only secure with binnington and kuemper, since LA and VGK made deals for goalies. I assume Hill will get 60-70% of starts rest of the year, and Copley and Korpisalo will probably ride hot hand, but any opinions would be greatly appreciated nonetheless.

their current pt totals in my league setup (team in sig):

Kuemper - 43gp, 57 pts - GSAA 6.01 - QS% 48.8%
    Binnington - 48gp, 54 pts - GSAA -14.44 - QS% 45.8%
    Copley - 28gp, 44 pts - GSAA -4.51 - QS% 51.9%
    Hill - 26gp, 34 pts - GSAA 6.17 - QS% 62.5%
    Korpisalo - 29gp, 27pts - GSAA 6.31 - QS% 59.3%
    15-Team keep 6f, 3d, 1g pts-only, wins=2, SO=3, OTL=1
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther
    D: Morrissey, Montour, Jiricek, Perbix, LaCombe, Perunovich
    G: Talbot, Kuemper, Merzlikins, Kochetkov, Copley

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: kuemper/hill/korpisalo/copley/binnington - choose 2 this week (rep!)

Binnington has a weak schedule, but has been the worst goalie. However, you only count wins & OTL, so I'd play him as there are 3 bad teams and he should see at least 2 of them.

I think LA splits the starts pretty close to 50-50. You need to get the guy starting against WSH/NSH if it goes that way, and if you can't I'd pass on starting either.

That leaves Hill versus Kuemper. I think I'd prefer Hill for volume, and yo hopefully get something guaranteed from the VGK-STL game. Quick is toast.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: kuemper/hill/korpisalo/copley/binnington - choose 2 this week (rep!)

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Binnington has a weak schedule, but has been the worst goalie. However, you only count wins & OTL, so I'd play him as there are 3 bad teams and he should see at least 2 of them.

I think LA splits the starts pretty close to 50-50. You need to get the guy starting against WSH/NSH if it goes that way, and if you can't I'd pass on starting either.

That leaves Hill versus Kuemper. I think I'd prefer Hill for volume, and yo hopefully get something guaranteed from the VGK-STL game. Quick is toast.

thanks for the gut check that was my thinking too!
    F: Robertson, Thompson, DeBrincat, McCann, Tomasino, Chytil, Brink, Carlsson, Berggren, Guenther

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post

This is what I was going to say

Dobber Sports Monster

Hill's volume is not safe at all with Quick in town.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

of course hill is hurt now.