Thread: What to expect from Brock Boeser going forward?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What to expect from Brock Boeser going forward?

I remember watching him during his rookie season, he had such a wicked shot but when last few years he just flat out sucks and tries to find Pettey every chances he's got.

It feels like Jordan Eberle n.2. Entering the league like a monster and just slowly fading out yet you can't really explain it.

He's had a few injuries, his father passed away.

Do you think he can bounce back? His shot seemed way better during his first 2 years

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: What to expect from Brock Boeser going forward?

If you own him I’d think I’d keep him as his value most likely isn’t very high, however I wouldn’t be making any trades for him if I’m giving up anything substantial.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Boeser's first four years in the league were pretty impressive. While never going Pt/Game over those first four years, he had an approximate average of .80 pts/game. Again, impressive, but, there was not a development curve that saw him improving year by year. He kinda flat lined. Of concern obviously, is the decline from those early numbers that we are seeing over the last two years. His production has fallen. To make matters worse, the Canucks are stuck in no mans land, not bottom feeders but not contenders, it's a bit of a mess, and that is not going to do a whole lot for Boeser. He doesn't appear to be the same player, certainly over the last two years and the team itself is certainly not what it was in Boeser's early years with the Canucks. To answer your question, I am not at all encouraged that Brock can get back to .80 pts/game or better, I assume that is what you mean by "bounce back". It will certainly be an uphill battle given his current circumstances and the mess that is the Canucks. I think Brock can be a 60 pt producer, I believe that is a reasonable expectation, however beyond that seems unlikely.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

This year not much. Moving forward, I agree that he can get around 60-65 points and 30 goals. Will it be with Vancouver next year? If he gets dealt to a favourable destination then maybe he gets 70? But I do like the Jordan Eberle comparison too.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent