Thread: Alexander Nylander - Point Only next 3 years

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Alexander Nylander - Point Only next 3 years

He seems to be on a pretty decent development curve in AHL for Wilkes Bar at a point per game - Will Pittsburgh draw him into their lineup soon?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Alexander Nylander - Point Only next 3 years

nobody can know that but based on history up to date i would not expect anything past 25 points for him
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

Unless you count points for the AHL, he's not someone I would even bother with. Even if he finally puts it together for a full time NHL career, he isn't someone who is going to be a big producer. I'd let someone else roll the dice with him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Years ago, a good number of us poor misguided souls thought Alex was maybe as good or better than brother Willy. Ouch, that sure didn't turn out to be the case. Now 25 years old, Alex has played 84 NHL games and is pushing 400 games played in the AHL. The "development curve" you mention needed to happen years ago, not now. An NHL career is certainly in serious jeopardy and time is running out fast. It's definitely possible that he gets called up, but I seriously doubt that he will be able to take advantage of that a secure a forward position full time in the Pens lineup. Never say never, but IMO I just don't like his chances. An awful lot of indicators point to a career AHL player, not an NHL player. I'm not sure what your motivation is for asking the question is, but if you are considering taking a flyer on him fine but do so at minimal to no cost otherwise, the chances are you will be disappointed.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Years ago, a good number of us poor misguided souls thought Alex was maybe as good or better than brother Willy. Ouch, that sure didn't turn out to be the case. Now 25 years old, Alex has played 84 NHL games and is pushing 400 games played in the AHL. The "development curve" you mention needed to happen years ago, not now. An NHL career is certainly in serious jeopardy and time is running out fast. It's definitely possible that he gets called up, but I seriously doubt that he will be able to take advantage of that a secure a forward position full time in the Pens lineup. Never say never, but IMO I just don't like his chances. An awful lot of indicators point to a career AHL player, not an NHL player. I'm not sure what your motivation is for asking the question is, but if you are considering taking a flyer on him fine but do so at minimal to no cost otherwise, the chances are you will be disappointed.
    it was Willy saying that Alex was better of the 2 lol. Now he needs to feed his brother:P
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    it was Willy saying that Alex was better of the 2 lol. Now he needs to feed his brother:P
    The good news is he can sure as hell afford to do that (:

I don't know what happened to Alex, it's happened to others, but what he did on the world stage as a teenager sure didn't translate into an NHL career. At the age of 18 he put up 14 pts in 8 games at the U20's, he followed that up the same year with 12 pts in 7 games and the World Juniors. That got everyone's attention, even Willy's I guess (:

Interestingly enough, the following year he was only able to put up 7 pts in 7 games at those same tournaments despite being a year older. That may well have been a significant indicator that a lot of us missed. Pretty much downhill from there.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Hard to venture a guess on a guy like Alex Nylander... but I think he tops out as a 3rd liner in NHL... maybe 40pts in his absolute best year.
    Yes - he has 48pts in 52gp this year... but 13ppg,12ppa. That's a lot of his points on a power play.
    TJ Tynan (who?!, exactly) also gets a lot of his AHL points on the powerplay.

For a guy to succeed at the next level, he has to be able to score a lot even-strength.
    23esp in 52gp for Alex Nylander in AHL at age of... 25 (Happy Birthday!)... is just not that impressive.
    That's less than 0.5esp/gp. Meh for AHL. Big meh.

Agree w/others - maybe 25pts (ish), IF he gets 60-70gp in the NHL next year and IF PIT is banged up and cap-crunched to slip him into line-up.
    I think guys like Drew O'Connor are ahead of him on the future PIT depth chart.

[As comparable - DoC had 22pts in 20gp in AHL this year. 14esp in those 20gp: 0.7esp/gp rate. With 2ppg,6ppa. And DoC also turns 25 this summer.]

Dobber Sports Jedi

Maybe 15. Total? Even the deepest of pools there is better options.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

He's more likely to get zero than he is to get anything fantasy-relevant

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Towers View Post
    He seems to be on a pretty decent development curve in AHL for Wilkes Bar at a point per game - Will Pittsburgh draw him into their lineup soon?
    Forgot about him, honestly.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I guess we will see who has the vision. Pittsburgh just called him up

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    TJ Tynan (who?!, exactly) also gets a lot of his AHL points on the powerplay.

For a guy to succeed at the next level, he has to be able to score a lot even-strength.
    23esp in 52gp for Alex Nylander in AHL at age of... 25 (Happy Birthday!)... is just not that impressive.
    That's less than 0.5esp/gp. Meh for AHL. Big meh.

Agree w/others - maybe 25pts (ish), IF he gets 60-70gp in the NHL next year and IF PIT is banged up and cap-crunched to slip him into line-up.
    I think guys like Drew O'Connor are ahead of him on the future PIT depth chart.

[As comparable - DoC had 22pts in 20gp in AHL this year. 14esp in those 20gp: 0.7esp/gp rate. With 2ppg,6ppa. And DoC also turns 25 this summer.]
    As a guy who has seen more AHL games than NHL games in person over the last decade, I knew exactly who TJ Tynan was. He's a high-end AHL player, but he's not got the standard skillset that makes a bottom six guy in the NHL.

That said the even strength points thing for a forward makes a lot of sense. If you're in a super deep H2H league with minors that you can shuffle up & down, these sorts of AHL lifer guys can be useful as extra games played guys, unless they are goalies, in which case they get gobbled up.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.