Thread: Chych in OTT. Great IRL but in Fantasy?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Chych in OTT. Great IRL but in Fantasy?

I love this move for the Sens. Absolutely nailed it and fixes the top 4 pretty easily

Great for the TEAM in real life. But we are here beacuse we do fantasy.

I just cannot se him pushing Chabot or even Sandy off any real PP time. They use a 4F1D PP1. Would you cut bait with Chych before it’s obvious he’s not a PP guy? I get it they havent even pressed his jersey yet but I want to cash in asap. Lol.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Chych in OTT. Great IRL but in Fantasy?

Just curious why you don't see him pushing Sandy off PP? Chych is an offensive first defenseman. He lead the shortened season for defensive goals two years ago. Ottawa is a much better roster for him than the Yotes ever were. I can see him being very effective in this lineup.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Administrator

I think Chychrun gets PP2. Either they play 2D on PP2 or Sanderson might get pushed out for the time being. It's the politics of a shiny expensive new toy vs a young player that doesn't have vet status.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

i also think Sanderson is not a block at all...i also think that after few games he takes over PP1 specially if they got chance to push for that last spot...He is best offensive D and best overall D on that team now.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's going to be a lot of fun to watch how all of this plays out. I believe that Chych will be given the opportunity early on to demonstrate to the Sens what he can bring to this team. If he succeeds, it is absolutely conceivable that he can skate PP1. If he stumbles, well he might not see regular PP time at all, but I don't think that is going to happen. Personally, I think it's a two-horse race and Sanderson is the odd man out. I love Chabot's game, and I may be wrong here, this is speculation, but if the Sens are going to be better, I believe they need to lighten Chabot's load. He skates huge minutes and has for a few years. If Chych can take on some of those minutes, particularly from an offensive perspective (think PP) and keep Chabot fresher to play his exceptional two-way game I think the Sens are a better hockey team. I'm sure no NHL coach, but if I were, I'd be looking to balance the Sens blue line, distribute playing time while taking advantage of each players best abilities and I think Chych affords them the opportunity to do exactly that. We'll see.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    It's going to be a lot of fun to watch how all of this plays out. I believe that Chych will be given the opportunity early on to demonstrate to the Sens what he can bring to this team. If he succeeds, it is absolutely conceivable that he can skate PP1. If he stumbles, well he might not see regular PP time at all, but I don't think that is going to happen. Personally, I think it's a two-horse race and Sanderson is the odd man out. I love Chabot's game, and I may be wrong here, this is speculation, but if the Sens are going to be better, I believe they need to lighten Chabot's load. He skates huge minutes and has for a few years. If Chych can take on some of those minutes, particularly from an offensive perspective (think PP) and keep Chabot fresher to play his exceptional two-way game I think the Sens are a better hockey team. I'm sure no NHL coach, but if I were, I'd be looking to balance the Sens blue line, distribute playing time while taking advantage of each players best abilities and I think Chych affords them the opportunity to do exactly that. We'll see.
    This is excellent, and I couldn’t agree more. I’ll only add that even if Chychrun doesn’t get primo PP minutes, he’ll still pile up ES pts on that emerging offensive powerhouse - good analogy is Powers in Buffalo, or Hronek in Detroit before the trade, except he has imo more offensive upside than those two (especially Hronek). He’s a great fit there, given his skill at sneaking in on the back door - the Stutzles and Giroux of the world are going to find him many times and he’ll convert. And his shot volume and power is going to lead to assists off many a rebound or deflection goal.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper