Thread: Keeper League - H2H Schedule - How is it determined?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Keeper League - H2H Schedule - How is it determined?

I didn't know where else to post this but I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have a big whiny baby in our pool (he reads these boards) that claims he has to play against the two best teams 1 extra time every year and that its not fair. Its a 10 team league with 21 weeks (you will play 3 matchups against certain teams as opposed to 2 over the year) When I look at the schedule history over the years it seems to be random or based on something but I cannot determine a pattern.

Does anyone know how they generate the H2H schedule? Is it based on last years positions? draft order? random?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper League - H2H Schedule - How is it determined?

All I've ever seen is that it's randomized.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    I didn't know where else to post this but I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have a big whiny baby in our pool (he reads these boards) that claims he has to play against the two best teams 1 extra time every year…

Thanks
    The “best” teams don’t change over time? A claim of this sort seems unfounded. Maybe become one of the best teams yourself and then others can complain about facing you.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The “best” teams don’t change over time? A claim of this sort seems unfounded. Maybe become one of the best teams yourself and then others can complain about facing you.
    Did I mention he was being a whiny baby? Brutal lol

Dobber Sports Superstar

It would help to know your fantasy platform (yahoo, ESPN, Fantrax) to confirm but everything I have every seen is that schedule is equal and randomized. That is the teams you play more or less are random.
    Tell him to stop being a baby and build a better team.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It depends on league setup, number of weeks, plus provider. The more complicated the league structure (divisions > conferences > league as a complexity spectrum) the more likely you might see weird scheduling stuff.

I'm in one league, where the commish checks the schedule every year, then again we only moved to online stat recording a few years ago, and we've been going for 20+ years. Our setup is that the first N weeks and the last N weeks are conference games where N is the number of teams in the conference.

The way to check to check his claim is to see who he's played 1 extra time in the past. I can relate to the vagaries of scheduling luck. One year in fantasy football, I put up 3 of the top 5 scoring weeks in the league for that whole year. I went 1-2 in those games, as my weeks where I didn't put up the highest score every recorded to that point both lost to weeks from teams who simply had huge scores, one didn't even make the playoff.

You might consider going to an all-play schedule here you play all teams every week, or have that as a secondary standings thing that matters somehow - if you play for cash, that's your answer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

It's random on Yahoo. And you can randomize it even further from the settings.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't have any even schedule then unfortunately that's just the way it is.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ah yes sorry guys. For Yahoo. Thanks for the replies.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    I didn't know where else to post this but I am hoping someone knows the answer. I have a big whiny baby in our pool (he reads these boards) that claims he has to play against the two best teams 1 extra time every year and that its not fair. Its a 10 team league with 21 weeks (you will play 3 matchups against certain teams as opposed to 2 over the year) When I look at the schedule history over the years it seems to be random or based on something but I cannot determine a pattern.

Does anyone know how they generate the H2H schedule? Is it based on last years positions? draft order? random?

Thanks
    Sounds like he has to play against 9 better teams all year and none worse than him
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G