Thread: Banger league prospect rankings

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Banger league prospect rankings

Was wondering if anyone had a resource they used for researching banger category leaders across the different minor leagues. I am somewhat new to the site, but I have been searching different podcasts etc, trying to find something.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Banger league prospect rankings

I’m not in any banger leagues but Matt Knies is a prospect you should have on your radar.
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Knies, Othmann, Bischel

In all reality, it's very difficult to prospects that are mult-cat studs. I would recommend trading picks whenever you can for players you already know are willing to get physical.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LEAFS225 View Post
    Knies, Othmann, Bischel

In all reality, it's very difficult to prospects that are mult-cat studs. I would recommend trading picks whenever you can for players you already know are willing to get physical.
    It's not pretty, but you need to review prospect lists and mock drafts and try to pick up on evaluators and rankers using language suggesting that the player is a hitter or fighter. As LEAFS225 suggests, if you look at reviews of a guy like Othmann, the descriptions drop phrases like "living up to his billing as an agitator" and "the physical forward" and "a hard-nosed goalscorer."

https://dobberprospects.com/player/brennan-othmann/

Those are the scraps you need to find to know who's likely to be a banger before your leaguemates.

Dobber Sports Icon

problem with phisical guys is that they usually take quite a bit longer to develop their offensive game...Tkachuyks dont come along very often...i would suggest you find prospects with most value no matter what their style of play is and then trade as you need for physical element.

Its also possible that you will draft offensive stud and find out later that he bangs...see Sutzle...i dont think anybody expected his level of physicality for example
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dobber's Prospect Guide is an excellent source for this kind of information. Players are evaluated (scouting reports) and comparisons with established NHL players are made and, the guide does identify prospects who play a banger type game. In fact, the best multi cat prospects on each NHL team are identified. As already mentioned, these types of players typically take a lot longer to establish themselves in the NHL ... if ever. I review the prospect guide from a year or two ago just to refresh my memory on bangers I should continue to track. It's actually paid of a few times but identifying these guys is not as easy as flagging the better offensive type players and they're chances of establishing themselves in the NHL is very difficult to predict.

Here is what the Guide looks like:

Philadelphia Flyers

Most Fantasy Upside

Forward: Bobby Brink
    Defense: Emil Andrae
    Goal: Ivan Fedotov
    Points only: Bobby Brink
    Multicategory: Isaac Ratcliffe

Ratcliffe’s third season of pro hockey showed improvements at both ends of the ice and he even
    got his first taste of NHL action. At 6-6, 201 pounds his adjustment was bound to be slow – big
    forwards coming out of junior are accustomed to using their size advantage and have to adjust
    that style once they turn pro. Ratcliffe had 28 points in 59 games for Lehigh Valley, which isn’t
    great but the numbers have steadily improved with each year. He did get four points in his 10
    NHL games. The big man plays a rough brand of hockey and is fine with dropping the gloves if
    someone is brave enough to step up to him. He was a 50-goal scorer in his final season in the
    OHL with Guelph so there is some upside. But reaching his potential is a good six years away, and
    he would need the help of extremely skilled linemates to get there.
    Upside Comparable: Milan Lucic (35-30-65+, 80+ PIM, 200+ Hits)
    3YP: (14-12-26, 75 PIM)
    Fantasy Upside/NHL Certainty: 10%, 75%
    Expected Arrival: This fall.
    DH Draft Advice: Late-round pick (if you need immediate help but don’t mind a lower ceiling or
    if your league tracks PIM or Hits).

I'm not aware of any other source that is as useful as this. Is Ratcliffe the next Milan Lucic? I don't know, but he's on my radar. Buy the Guide.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf