Thread: Yahoo multi-trade scenario question

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Yahoo multi-trade scenario question

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster here. Wondering if someone here can chime in on the following scenario using Yahoo as I need to determine if this is even possible to perform prior to the trade deadline in my league (02/22). As the players involved are inconsequential to my question, I'll just state the general situation for simplicity.

In this particular situation, I have two players in the IR and IR+ spots that have become active in real life. I'm about to put through a trade whereby I'd trade these two players plus three more that are on my active roster for two players from the other team. One of those players I'm trading away is one of my two goalies. As a result of trading away one of my goalies, I'm also trying to put through another trade with another team whereby they'd send me one of their goalies for a pick. In the league I'm in, the trades are not moved along by the Commissioner as soon as the offer is accepted. They're left pending for two days before they take effect.

My question given this situation is: if I accept the 7-player trade, will I immediately be able to accept the trade with other GM that only involves his goalie? Or will Yahoo tell me that I can't make the trade without dropping two players on my roster or have to wait until the first trade settles to put through the second?

Unfortunately, I can only find out for myself by accepting the larger trade first, but I don't want to be stuck without a goalie. Let me know if you need any further detail. Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from you all!

The Seeker

Default Re: Yahoo multi-trade scenario question

All depends on your trade review time. You also might need your commish to do some of it.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Yahoo multi-trade scenario question

I'm in similar league with trades remain pending for 2 days to allow other GMs to veto.

Not 100% certain, but pretty damn confident that Yahoo won't allow you to make trade #2. It will ask you to drop someone as part of the trade to make space for the player coming back (completely unaware of the effect of the other trade)